Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Lovin' my new life!!

Lovin' my new life!!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:21 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lovin' my new life!!

G'day from the land of the long white cloud!

So we finally arrived!! The flight wasn't anywhere near as bad as I had thought it would be. Singapore Airlines were awesome as usual. We stopped in Singapore and hired a car and drove to Malaysia which was great! We got a villa with a pool, so while the girls slept all day, we just floated in the pool, and drank beer! Living the good life!

For our first night in Auckland, we rented a 'Quest' apartment which I thoroughly recommend. Its got everything you need (incl cooker, washing machine, etc) with more room than a hotel.

We came to our 6 week pre booked accommodation out in the sticks (or wop wops!!). Its wonderful, the people that own it have taken real pride in setting it up, we didn't have to buy anything. They even put a toddler bed the room for our little girl. I was worried about it before we arrived because I thought it would be small (2 bedrooms and open plan living/kitchen) but its perfect for what we need. We have a wonderful deck which we sit out on and eat steak and drink wine and watch the sunset. In the morning we drink fresh coffee and have breakfast outside. Yesterday we went to the beach, and our toddler loved it, I've not seen her laugh so much. Running into the sea, playing in the sand. There's an orchid up the road where we can buy fresh fruit.

I am so happy here. When I first visited here a few years ago as a backpacker, I told my now husband, that I loved the country, but wouldn't want to live here. Now, as a family its perfect for us. My husband (a Kiwi) had some concerns about 'going home' he thought it might be going back in his career. Instead being a returning Kiwi, he's being treated really well and there seem to be a few offers on the way. Although because of his english work we can be a bit choosy. I would rather live outside of Auckland, maybe Tauranga, but we'll see. Steve is still pretty keen to stay in Auckland because of his career. We're in the Rodney district at the moment, and its beautiful, so I think I could settle here OK. We've met some English people here who say they love their life and wouldn't consider moving back.

The weather's not been too good today, but I really don't care! I'm so relaxed! I'm really looking to getting organised and making our move feel more permanent (finding a rental, finding schools, etc).

The girls are really struggling with the jet lag and trying to adjust to being somewhere new. I didn't expect my already well travelled toddler to react so badly. She's not bad during the day, she's really happy, but at night she's really unsettled. I hope that will pass soon.

I miss my family and friends, but I have no regrets at all.

Well, we're off to the Warehouse and then might risk a walk along the beach if the weather holds out!

Take care y'all!

Nikki - celebrate good times, come on!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:29 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lovin' my new life!!

Congratulations Nikki & long may the smiling & happiness continue.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:39 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful Nikki! So glad you all made it safely, and the trip over honestly sounds like paradise!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic to hear you like it here so much!! I hope everything continues to go well for you. Drop in to say hi if youre ever this way.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:18 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Nice update
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope life treats you good Nikki!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:36 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are enjoying your new life....sounds fab.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:53 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

WELCOME TO NZ ,life here is what YOU make it have a nice life here .
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:58 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you are enjoying it
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:28 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
G'day from the land of the long white cloud!
That's great. Sound very happy Mrs Littletoe.

Whereabouts in Rodney? And is Steve originally from the North Shore? My hubbie went to Rangitoto fyi. Carmen.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds brilliant nikki
good luck
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:41 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Nikki

Glad to hear that your 'grey skies' have cleared hun!!! Good luck to you all
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:33 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

Thanks guys for your messages!

UK+Kiwi, my hubby was also originally from North Shore, Torbay and he attended Rangi. What year was your hubby in?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Littletoe
Good to hear you had a great time in Sing and Malaysia. Sounds like you've landed on your feet, hope the little ones adjust soon and start to sleep better.
We'll look out for Rodney when we get to Auck. in April
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:45 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Hey

Thanks guys for your messages!

UK+Kiwi, my hubby was also originally from North Shore, Torbay and he attended Rangi. What year was your hubby in?
Gosh, MIL now lives in Waiake. Hubbie left Rangi in 1989 (he's 35). PM me if yours is the same, although unlikely admittedly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.