Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A lovely positive post about why I LOVE it here.

A lovely positive post about why I LOVE it here.

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A lovely positive post about why I LOVE it here.

If I was 20 years younger, I'd have had the hots for him too!

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
My daughter also came across two members of MGMT at Auckland airport after seeing them in concert, that wouldn't have happened in the UK either, she was happy as she has the hots for the singer on the left lol
Ah! look how cure she looks! She seems so stoked! Ahhh, another awesome star struck meeting in NZ, sooooo cool!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

love30stm - if you don't mind me prying. How did you come to end up in NZ, and Wanganui in particular?

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
I'll try and keep it brief, I came here by default not entirely by choice. I've always had a good job, great friends and such a good time here. Yet, I know the negatives just as much as anyone else here.

This is a post to quickly let you all know that despite the negatives I know this is and always will be the right place for me. I think down to the fact that crowds aren't so big here I have so far managed to see many many of my favourite bands and get right down the front...AND I have met Henry Rollins in person, been handed Eddie Vedders tambourine by the man himself and had a wink and a wave from Billy Corgan.

Finally, I just won a competition to meet my lifelong idol Shirley Manson when Garbage come to Auckland. I am pretty sure this would have never happened at home without massive effort from many many people. I'm meant to be here depsite it being far far away.

It's what you make it, dive in, love life and try and enjoy it despite the lack of walkers crisps!!!

Have a wonderful 2013 everyone, it's going to be a good year xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cam you be bottled and brought out as needed (ie often) on here?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
Cam you be bottled and brought out as needed (ie often) on here?
Haha! I'll try my best, I read regularly and try to chime in from time to time to spread some cheer!

I can only say, don't let it rattle you, not one single bit... And when you don't let it rattle your bones, you get to meet rockstars!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:18 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Ah! look how cure she looks! She seems so stoked! Ahhh, another awesome star struck meeting in NZ, sooooo cool!!!
yes was a great moment I took the photo btw
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by marblep
If I was 20 years younger, I'd have had the hots for him too!

He is rather cute and they were both really nice
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by love30stm
He is rather cute and they were both really nice
Cute, but no Jared Leto
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by RachelG12
Cute, but no Jared Leto
He's about 13 years younger than Jared Leto and without the big ego plus don't think Jared is looking so good these days way to thin!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by marblep
love30stm - if you don't mind me prying. How did you come to end up in NZ, and Wanganui in particular?

Sent you a pm
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see something positive here for a change!

I hope to be loving it out there again soon! At the time, very much suffering from a case of not knowing what I had till I lost it!