Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Love and Whangarei

Love and Whangarei

Old Aug 12th 2019, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Love and Whangarei

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've been on here but I thought it would be a good place to start figuring out the next steps! I disappeared for a long time, I had to deal with severe anxiety, a broken relationship, depression and a few other issues. I got my sh*t together eventually!
I've since got a great doc, great counsellor and broke it off with the deadbeat boyf.
Now, I have a new boyfriend. We've been together for about 6 months and it is going really, really well . He's kiwi and a country boy. He lives in Whangarei and I'm in Auckland. So for the moment we're going between two places. It's fine, but we have had to talk about who might move where. We've done the pros and cons together and separately and tbh, where we both win, it's me going to Whangas.
I've had a love/hate relationship with Auckland for a long time now. I'll never afford a house on my own, and even if he moved here, both of our salaries together wouldn't get us far. He's an ex-engineer and we have talked about buying somewhere more rural. He wants to build me a yoga studio and a sauna, and we want to rescue dogs. It's like all of my dreams are possible with him.
BUT, I wondered what other expats are doing in Whangas? From what I can gather there are a lot of healthcare professionals with plenty work. I have a few ideas. I'm thinking of support work initially but I have no former quals in this but I did meet another girl doing it also with no quals so there could be ways in. This would be in the mental health sector.
I am in Marketing at the moment and have seen few and far between marketing jobs. Which, is ok as I'm a bit sick of marketing and I could freelance doing it if I needed to. I'm also now a qualified dance and spin instructor so I'm looking at gyms where I could pick up some classes and I could run my own. I'm also working towards being a yoga teacher which will be another option.

I know, I have a varied background but, I'm looking at this potential move as a way to do what I really want to do instead of being stuck swimming against the tide in the rat race.
Expats in Whangas what are you doing for work? And, what are you doing for fun too? I've already made some friends at yoga and I'm sort of falling in love with going up there at the weekends. Not to mention I'm completely in love with my Kiwi country boy <3
A xx
Old Aug 12th 2019, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love and Whangarei

I can't help you with Whangarei as I am in christchurch but I couldn't love this post more!

​​​​​Congratulations and good luck woth your new life
Old Aug 13th 2019, 5:42 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome! Glad to hear things are going well for you. Enjoy Whangvegas and good luck with the studio 😊
Old Aug 13th 2019, 6:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mishclark
I can't help you with Whangarei as I am in christchurch but I couldn't love this post more!

​​​​​Congratulations and good luck woth your new life
Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
That's awesome! Glad to hear things are going well for you. Enjoy Whangvegas and good luck with the studio 😊
Ladies .
I agree.

All the best Angeshirl. I really honestly hope it all works out for you bigtime.

Old Sep 9th 2019, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all! Still going swimmingly. We're spending a bit of time in Auckland in the next few weeks and then it will be my turn to go up there.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do up North but something will come up!
Old Sep 12th 2019, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Thanks all! Still going swimmingly. We're spending a bit of time in Auckland in the next few weeks and then it will be my turn to go up there.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do up North but something will come up!
That's wonderful to hear, Angelshirl, maybe there's hope for me yet!