Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Lot Worse: UK Mired In £5 Trillion Of Debt

A Lot Worse: UK Mired In £5 Trillion Of Debt

Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all
Default A Lot Worse: UK Mired In £5 Trillion Of Debt

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...=searchresults

Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Lot Worse: UK Mired In £5 Trillion Of Debt

So what do you reckon? $2.15 for a pound looks really, really good value cos that clip above says its going to get much, much worse. One cannot help feeling that one should totally and utterly adandon the good ship UK, well in fiscal terms anyway.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

'Mired in debt' suggests it is the present situation, whereas they're talking about future commitments, many of which are common to all advanced nations, such as meeting pension payments with an aging population.

Sky has a certain political bias.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Toon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to allToon_Nut is a name known to all

Yeh, you might be right Genesis.

Unfortunately for us (like most people I guess?) our exchange rate is tied to a little plank of wood at the bottom of our garden that says "for sale".

What little savings we have got tucked away I'd exchange tomorrow, if we ever get the nod from INZ!

(if your reading this we think your great BTW!!)
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
'Mired in debt' suggests it is the present situation, whereas they're talking about future commitments, many of which are common to all advanced nations, such as meeting pension payments with an aging population.

Sky has a certain political bias.
Trouble is though Sally we sold loads of our assets years ago at a knock down price.

Go look in Fort Knoxs, half that shiney stuff is ours a tell's ya!!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut
(if your reading this we think your great BTW!!)
Old Jul 16th 2010, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is though Sally we sold loads of our assets years ago at a knock down price.

Go look in Fort Knoxs, half that shiney stuff is ours a tell's ya!!
We'd all benefit from crystal balls!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, I'm not in the slightest bit worried by it all, why should I be?

After-all, I received this lovely email just yesterday, life is looking up for me, I can feel it in me water!

"Hello,
I work in the Audit department of a bank. A client of mine died seven years ago, Kenya plane crash and he has a total of US$27.7M left in his account. And no one knows about the funds, the strategy is to use my influence to approve the funds to you, if you are interested forward your names and cell Phone/fax, profession, age and country so I can contact you on. My client name is Dr. George Brumley, you can confirm." http://wwwsptimes.com/2003/07/21/Wor...die_in_K.shtml
Thank You,
Mr.M. Delikane

Bow before Zod you peasants!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, you might be right Genesis.

Unfortunately for us (like most people I guess?) our exchange rate is tied to a little plank of wood at the bottom of our garden that says "for sale".

That comment is VERY funny!!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

After-all, I received this lovely email just yesterday, life is looking up for me, I can feel it in me water!

"Hello,
I work in the Audit department of a bank. A client of mine died seven years ago, Kenya plane crash and he has a total of US$27.7M left in his account. And no one knows about the funds, the strategy is to use my influence to approve the funds to you, if you are interested forward your names and cell Phone/fax, profession, age and country so I can contact you on. My client name is Dr. George Brumley, you can confirm." http://wwwsptimes.com/2003/07/21/Wor...die_in_K.shtml
Thank You,
Mr.M. Delikane

You lucky, lucky, bastards. What I would do to get an e mail like that??!! You ARE the chosen ones. When you get the money you will be able to come to NZ as a 'rich bastard'. I cannot be a scam by the way cos the plane crashed in Kenya..all the scam ones are planes crashing in Nigeria. So that is a relief..phew.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis
You lucky, lucky, bastards.

Jailers pet, you better believe it!

Don't worry, I'll still get people to pop in and post on here from time to time on my behalf!!

Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:44 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

"Hello,
Thank You,
Mr.M. Delikane

Wow, you must be important, can I send my money to you to invest as well??

WP
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:47 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

"Hello,
Thank You,
Mr.M. Delikane

Only 27 mil? make it 50 mil and i might consider the offer...
Old Jul 18th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

SDDep, I wasn't gonna bother to be honest, it's hardly worth the hassle for a measly $27m but I figured it would go a little way towards my shipping fees!

WhingingPom, I've sent you a PM with my bank account details, address, DOB, PIN numbers, NI number and mothers maiden name as you seem like someone I can trust. If you'd be so kind as to transfer all your life savings I'll make sure it gets well looked after.......................

{Pick's up Racing Post, right then, the 2:25 at Musselburgh today looks canny, Fiery vixen, yeh that'll do!}
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
One cannot help feeling that one should totally and utterly adandon the good ship UK, well in fiscal terms anyway.
I wonder do you any idea how BAD the NZ situation is?

The International Monetary Fund has warned that New Zealand's net foreign debt to GDP ratio will rise from 90% to over 100% in the next 5 years. New Zealand's foreign debt levels and its national savings rate are among the worst in the developed world
http://www.interest.co.nz/news/imf-w...op-100-5-years

The present Government are borrowing $240 million per week and is predicted to do so every week for the next three years and will owe $250 billion by 2014.

Perhaps someone can do the maths - I can't as I don't exactly know how many zeros is a billion

$250 billion works out to how much per capita?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.