Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

lorry driver needs advise

lorry driver needs advise

Old Sep 20th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of
Default lorry driver needs advise

any advise for a hgv driver
hi can anybodygive me some advise on lorrydrivingin new zealand.before youtell me to look at the new zealand immigration site ,ihave already done that thanks.I amaware that hgv drivers are on the immediate skills shortage list but I dont getenough points.i have heard drivers getting into new zealand with a job offer on work visa or something to that effect but i need facts and figures.we plan to hopefully move to christchurch.what is the money like for drivers and what are the hours like.i prefer not todonights away but if it must be done in the beginning i willbe flexible.sorry to be sofussy but we really do need somegood advise from people already living there
thanks
paul
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lorry driver needs advise

Originally Posted by angpaul
hi can anybodygive me some advise on lorrydrivingin new zealand.before youtell me to look at the new zealand immigration site ,ihave already done that thanks.I amaware that hgv drivers are on the immediate skills shortage list but I dont getenough points.i have heard drivers getting into new zealand with a job offer on work visa or something to that effect but i need facts and figures.we plan to hopefully move to christchurch.what is the money like for drivers and what are the hours like.i prefer not todonights away but if it must be done in the beginning i willbe flexible.sorry to be sofussy but we really do need somegood advise from people already living there
thanks
paul

sorry mate can't help just wanted to wish you luck
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by angpaul
thanks
paul
Good job sites are www.seek.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz and www.stuff.co.nz. Have a look and see what you can find to give you a few leads.
NZ job ads do not generally give salary ranges, this can be a bit hard for research purposes, but you may find contact people and companies that can give you a bit of information.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Apple12
Good job sites are www.seek.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz and www.stuff.co.nz. Have a look and see what you can find to give you a few leads.
NZ job ads do not generally give salary ranges, this can be a bit hard for research purposes, but you may find contact people and companies that can give you a bit of information.
Hi Paul,

Only just discovered this go to "search this forum" on the right hand side of the NZ page above the first thread and type in HGV driving or just HGV and al previous comments regarding this aera will come up.

Hope this helps.

I can't help as am loolah, not an HGV driver!