Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Looks like we may be heading to Wellington..

Looks like we may be heading to Wellington..

Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looks like we may be heading to Wellington..

Hello all

After a long process of interviews, my clever husband has finally been offered a very good job in Wellington
I'm very proud of him but also very nervous at the same time as this is all beginning to feel so real now

Can anyone please tell me their experience on how quickly a work visa can be issued in the UK before we head over? We have an EOI in the pool already and hopefully this job offer will give us enough points to apply for a work visa

Also, does the visa application include both myself and my husband? As I don't have a qualification, I worry that me trying to get a visa on my own would not be successful. Any advise here would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to hear from people who have taken their pet/pets with them from the UK to NZ...what was your experience like with this please?

I look forward to hearing back with your comments

Kezzar
Old Aug 28th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Looks like we may be heading to Wellington..

You'll need to apply for your own work visa, but if your husband has been granted one then you get piggy backed on to his, if that makes sense???

And Wellington is beginning to warm up so summer is on its way
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleverchap
You'll need to apply for your own work visa, but if your husband has been granted one then you get piggy backed on to his, if that makes sense???

And Wellington is beginning to warm up so summer is on its way
Hi Cleverchap

I know summer is on its way in Wellington, yay!!

So would you recommend that I wait until my husband gets his work visa first, then apply for mine off his?

As his job needs him there fairly soon, would it be an idea to apply for my visa from NZ instead so he can at least start work?

Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kezzar
Hi Cleverchap

I know summer is on its way in Wellington, yay!!

So would you recommend that I wait until my husband gets his work visa first, then apply for mine off his?

As his job needs him there fairly soon, would it be an idea to apply for my visa from NZ instead so he can at least start work?

You should probably put your applications in together and they will get assessed at the same time.