British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Looks like we may be heading to Wellington.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/looks-like-we-may-heading-wellington-683138/)

Kezzar Aug 28th 2010 4:33 pm

Looks like we may be heading to Wellington..

Hello all:)

After a long process of interviews, my clever husband has finally been offered a very good job in Wellington:thumbsup:
I'm very proud of him but also very nervous at the same time as this is all beginning to feel so real now:unsure:

Can anyone please tell me their experience on how quickly a work visa can be issued in the UK before we head over? We have an EOI in the pool already and hopefully this job offer will give us enough points to apply for a work visa:fingerscrossed:

Also, does the visa application include both myself and my husband? As I don't have a qualification, I worry that me trying to get a visa on my own would not be successful. Any advise here would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to hear from people who have taken their pet/pets with them from the UK to NZ...what was your experience like with this please?

I look forward to hearing back with your comments:rofl:

Kezzar

cleverchap Aug 28th 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Looks like we may be heading to Wellington..

You'll need to apply for your own work visa, but if your husband has been granted one then you get piggy backed on to his, if that makes sense???

And Wellington is beginning to warm up so summer is on its way :thumbsup:

Kezzar Aug 28th 2010 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by cleverchap (Post 8809952)
You'll need to apply for your own work visa, but if your husband has been granted one then you get piggy backed on to his, if that makes sense???

And Wellington is beginning to warm up so summer is on its way :thumbsup:

Hi Cleverchap

I know summer is on its way in Wellington, yay!! :D

So would you recommend that I wait until my husband gets his work visa first, then apply for mine off his?

As his job needs him there fairly soon, would it be an idea to apply for my visa from NZ instead so he can at least start work?

:)

littleal Aug 28th 2010 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kezzar (Post 8810006)
Hi Cleverchap

I know summer is on its way in Wellington, yay!! :D

So would you recommend that I wait until my husband gets his work visa first, then apply for mine off his?

As his job needs him there fairly soon, would it be an idea to apply for my visa from NZ instead so he can at least start work?

:)

You should probably put your applications in together and they will get assessed at the same time.