British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Looking for a rental nr Pukerua Bay (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/looking-rental-nr-pukerua-bay-739071/)

MrsFychan Nov 16th 2011 8:41 am

Looking for a rental nr Pukerua Bay

for approx 6mths from Jan 2012 if anyone hears of anything can they please let me know. would need a 2-3 bed place for myself, hubby and 2 kids

Babykayleigh Nov 20th 2011 8:45 pm

Re: Looking for a rental nr Pukerua Bay

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9735936)
for approx 6mths from Jan 2012 if anyone hears of anything can they please let me know. would need a 2-3 bed place for myself, hubby and 2 kids

Have a look at www.open2view.co.nz this will not only give you rentals but you can also view properties for sale... I live in Whitby which is a stones through away from Pukerua.... You have Plimmerton, Cambourne, Paekakariki which is up the coast from Pukerua, or Paraparaumu but these are going up the coast....

A bit of advice for renting, look at the contracts as you could be tide into something for 12 months and you have to either find someone to take it over or pay the rent for the remainder of your contract.... When buying a house things are really different here NEVER verbally say you want the house as this could be legally binding to them at times, be very careful not to sign anything without any get out clause as once you've made an offer unconditional then you HAVE to buy, make conditions so you can have a get out clause... Tender is an offer price system so you could be spending more on the house than it's worth.... Auctions are a risk too but houses over here are differently heated than the UK so make sure when you're looking that you look at different times of the day and weather wise to give you an idea of how warm or not the place is... Our rental we had was freezing and we were miserable for a couple of months but it made up find a house to buy quicker but you don't want to buy without making sure NZ is right for you and you're in the right area.... They have motels nearby which you could stay in whilst looking for somewhere... Take care and good luck happy to help out and I will keep an eye out in the local papers for you...
www.remax.co.nz
www.professionals.co.nz
www.harcourts.co.nz

Pukerua is close to Porirua which is the main town for shopping, however I go over to Lower Hutt and Petone for things, they have a lovely Dutch, South African, Chinese and Indian Delis over there where you can find stuff you may miss, watch some places as things are expensive... I have been in NZ nearly 8 years and we're looking at returning to the UK at the moment, looking at our options.... We have a 10 and 12 yrs old and there primary schooling has been good and the out door living was what we wanted for them, things are expensive over here when you're earning in Dollars, which you will convert everytime you buy anything over here and think it's cheap but then again you'll be limited to what is available... I'm not being negative it's just a way of life here, we have NOT and NEVER will regret our move over here and we have loved what we have given to our kids here.... But think we have to look at the next chapter in our KIDS lives and it's them that is important and want to make sure they have the best upbringing as they possibly can....