Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Looking likely to be on our way back to misery

Looking likely to be on our way back to misery

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking likely to be on our way back to misery

So, latest is OH job contract ends on 7th Feb...temp visa ends 8th Feb

Now need to find another job asap or back to the UK with our tails between our legs to start this whole process yet again. Damn it!!

Its been fun whilst it lasted.

Kato
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:59 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking likely to be on our way back to misery

Originally Posted by kato33

Now need to find another job asap or back to the UK with our tails between our legs to start this whole process yet again. Damn it!!

Kato
No reason to feel you have to have your 'tails between your legs'.......you've done something lots of people only talk about ....they're never brave enough to actually do it!!
hope you find another job, but if you don't and have to come back I'm sure your resolve will get you back to NZ soon!
B x
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:31 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Kato
Hello lovely. Can you not apply under your job? Can OH get another contract? I know how much you want to stay, explore every possible angle before thinking it's over.
And I agree, it's not with your tail between your legs.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice

Explain to immigration and see if they will grant you a holiday visa whilst you look for another job, they did exactly that for a friend of mine.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

I am doing everything in my power to stay so will give that a go.

I WON'T give up....no way, NZ is now home and thats how I want it to stay.
The thought of going back to the UK fills me with dread.

Watch this space!!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

snodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nice

good luck ,
im waiting for my visa here in the uk and cant wait to leave this place
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

I am doing everything in my power to stay so will give that a go.

I WON'T give up....no way, NZ is now home and thats how I want it to stay.
The thought of going back to the UK fills me with dread.

Watch this space!!

Good Luck with everything and agree with you, Rotorua is one of the nicest places to live, but then we are biased!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

snodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nicesnodger is just really nice

My fiancie's family live in rotorua , there is a steak house there where you shouldn't order a large steak !!! Is it called silver something ?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:37 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

While there is some obvious time pressure would the work contract not have supported a PR application??? (although it won't now...)
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by simonsi
While there is some obvious time pressure would the work contract not have supported a PR application??? (although it won't now...)
From memory, I think Kato's OH is a truck driver. Correct that if it's wrong Kato.

Per Am Loo. Do you have full-time work that could be used do you think?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

I'm coming over as a defacto as she is a kiwi and also a nurse ,
I fancy getting a hgv truck licence , it's very expensive here around £3000 if you want to do a class 1!! I may as well do it if and when I come to nz
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

didnt someone recently get residency after coming as a truck driver ? thought i read it recently
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by karron
didnt someone recently get residency after coming as a truck driver ? thought i read it recently
Yeh ! I have been told that someone, who used to post here, has gained PR through truck driving. I think that person is a tanker driver and was on the Work To Residence visa. This may have been through an accredited employer and with them earning the required $55K PA or whatever the criteria was when they first gained the WTR.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

skybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud of

There are quite a few HT drivers jobs down here in Napier on offer as its the fruit season starting in Feb, quite a few full time and contract positions on offer
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

skybluestu do you know if the companies help with the visa ? normally you need to have a visa to get the job and to get the visa you need the job. so what you need is someone who will offer you the job and provide that evidence and then you can get the visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.