Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

looking for friends in Wellington!!

looking for friends in Wellington!!

Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for friends in Wellington!!

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Hi Boopy, If you mean the 17th then we would if we could, but we can't.

I expect that we will have a bit of jet lag having just landed - not to mention quite a bit of luggage trailing behind us ....
yes! 17th.... I'll make sure we have a few for you. wishing you a good flight over here.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hey Guys, me & my boozy mate are hitting the town next Friday night. If anyone fancies a few bevvies & a chat, we'll be in JJ Murphys on Cuba Street from 8.30pm - 9.30pm before moving on. If anyone's keen just let me know.
Hi boopy

It was really good to meet upon Friday and take in some of the bars on Cuba street and courtney place, thanks for the invite.
Will definatley keep in touch, although I don't think I'll challenge you to a game of pool again as you are clearly a shark.

It was great to have a few drinks after arriving in a new city and get local knowledge and tips from people likes you and boozy mate who have gone though a lot of the challenges of moving across the world!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjb
Hi boopy

It was really good to meet upon Friday and take in some of the bars on Cuba street and courtney place, thanks for the invite.
Will definatley keep in touch, although I don't think I'll challenge you to a game of pool again as you are clearly a shark.

It was great to have a few drinks after arriving in a new city and get local knowledge and tips from people likes you and boozy mate who have gone though a lot of the challenges of moving across the world!
You are a cool guy Chris, we had a great night. Hopefully do it again & with the missus when she arrives here.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
You are a cool guy Chris, we had a great night. Hopefully do it again & with the missus when she arrives here.
Sorry I missed it, still finding my feet here, and waiting for payday!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure there'll be many more Perry. I'm usually in town once a month
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

tramper is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: looking for friends in Wellington!!

From what I've read so far, it looks like you might be planning another night out soon.

Any takers?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Welsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really nice

Hi to all!

Our names are Alan, Lisa Thomas we are in our late 30s and have a 7 1/2 year old daughter. We live in Johnsonville and would love to make some new friends.

We moved from Cardiff South Wales 5 years ago, my wife is a Kiwi but my daughter is Welsh. I was born in Staffordshire.

I am a very keen Kayak fisherman and find Wellington Awesome apart from the wind.....

Speak soon!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Family
Hi to all!

Our names are Alan, Lisa Thomas we are in our late 30s and have a 7 1/2 year old daughter. We live in Johnsonville and would love to make some new friends.

We moved from Cardiff South Wales 5 years ago, my wife is a Kiwi but my daughter is Welsh. I was born in Staffordshire.

I am a very keen Kayak fisherman and find Wellington Awesome apart from the wind.....

Speak soon!
Up in the clouds eh

Welcome
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

MarkandAshlieBuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan, Lisa and Thomas

The wife (Ashlie) and I would be more than happy to meet up for a coffee some time. I am also a keen fisherman but never tried it while kayaking!!

We are mid 30's with no children and We're in Riverstone terraces in Upper Hutt but would be more than happy to come over your way if it is easier for you.

All the Best

Mark and Ashlie
Old Nov 4th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkandAshlieBuck
Hi Alan, Lisa and Thomas

The wife (Ashlie) and I would be more than happy to meet up for a coffee some time. I am also a keen fisherman but never tried it while kayaking!!

We are mid 30's with no children and We're in Riverstone terraces in Upper Hutt but would be more than happy to come over your way if it is easier for you.

All the Best

Mark and Ashlie
Hello Mark and Ashlie, how are you 2?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

mumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Alan, lisa and thomas

Welcome to sunny wellington at least the wind has died down abit. We are the Beech family Marion, Carl and our children Bethany aged 11 and Alex aged 9. we current live in Tawa but are in the process of buying a House in Kingsley Heights Upper Hutt. don't do fishing but do love to do coffee and such like so give us a shout and we will sort something out very soon.

Marion
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Welsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really niceWelsh Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by magwa
Hello!

First time posting on here but have been an avid lurker.

Myself and my partner are in Welly. We have been here since Feb and are keen to meet other folks. I'm a kiwi but my partner is English, we are both in our thirties and live in Brooklyn. We were living in London and in total I've been away from NZ for 10 years!

Would love to catch up sometime

Kel & Ben
Hi Kel & Ben,

My husband is English & I am a kiwi and have been away in Cardiff for 10 years.
We should all meet up sometime...
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarkandAshlieBuck
Hi Alan, Lisa and Thomas

All the Best

Mark and Ashlie
Hi Mark & Ashlie,

Thanks for the offer of meeting up I will get back to you that shortly.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Welsh Family
Hi Mark & Ashlie,

Thanks for the offer of meeting up I will get back to you that shortly.
Hi all this post needs to revived and a night out should be organized soon!! Any takers??
Old Jan 11th 2011, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Kezzar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Hi all this post needs to revived and a night out should be organized soon!! Any takers??
I agree. My husband and I have only been here one month and it would be great to meet some other folk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.