Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Looking forward to the food

Looking forward to the food

Old Nov 8th 2009, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Vamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the roughVamps is a jewel in the rough
Default Looking forward to the food

Not long now and I'll be back and I've been thinking about all the things I missed about NZ whilst I was living in the uk and we got onto the subject of food. I am so looking forward to some treats I remember, that you cant get here in the UK

Hokey Pokey ice cream
Minties
Choysa Tea
skippy cornflakes
and my all time fav - Griffins chocolate macaroons

I'm drooling as I type
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking forward to the food

Originally Posted by Vamps View Post
Not long now and I'll be back and I've been thinking about all the things I missed about NZ whilst I was living in the uk and we got onto the subject of food. I am so looking forward to some treats I remember, that you cant get here in the UK

Hokey Pokey ice cream
Minties
Choysa Tea
skippy cornflakes

I'm drooling as I type
We are a funny lot aren't we. I won't buy anything other than Kellogs Corn Flakes, OH says he hates the skippy ones. I loved Tetley tea but have resigned myself to PG here. (Not tried Choysa) I think it is what you are brought up eating that sets you up for a lifetime of taste be it sweet or savoury. I would give anything for a cornish ice cream 0r a devonshire one with a dollop of Clotted cream on the top (naughty but nice!!) Some McVities rich tea bikkies would be nice too!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

clotted cream HHmmmmm !!!!!
I've not seen that since we got here.
the kiwi version tastes like that horrible
squirty cream in a can
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vamps View Post

Hokey Pokey ice cream
Minties
Choysa Tea
skippy cornflakes

I'm drooling as I type
How about Angus fillet stak for about $17 a kilo..sometimes less?? Its normally $30 a kilo but Woolworths always have lots reduced as its on its sell by date. I buy it and freeze it. Which is handy. I love kiwi food. We eat way better than we did in the UK.