British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Looking for an English butcher (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/looking-english-butcher-775686/)

lizard Oct 25th 2012 7:39 am

Looking for an English butcher

Does any of you guys know of an English butcher here on the North island. I am really craving a decent pork pie and some good black pudding. All the pork pies I have found don't seem to have any taste and the black puddings are horrible.

Margaret Parkinson Oct 25th 2012 8:20 am

Re: Looking for an English butcher

My son in law has the English Butchers Shop on Palm Beach Plaza, Papamoa (Doug Jarvis Family Butcher.) He does all varieties of sausage, unsmoked back bacon, black pudding plus pork pies you name it he will have it. He makes everything himself.

I see you are in the Bay of Plenty so would be worth a trip with a cool bag.:D

June

lizard Oct 25th 2012 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 10348842)
My son in law has the English Butchers Shop on Palm Beach Plaza, Papamoa (Doug Jarvis Family Butcher.) He does all varieties of sausage, unsmoked back bacon, black pudding plus pork pies you name it he will have it. He makes everything himself.

June

Thanks for that, I will have a drive up and check out his stuff.

pricklykina Oct 25th 2012 10:18 am

There's someone on lunn ave in Mt Wellington, Auckland

hazeandsteve Oct 28th 2012 6:02 pm

Brilliant.:rofl:...the old "I'm joking" after making an offfensive comment, merely to follow it up with another slur.
How did I not get it first time:D.

Margaret Parkinson Oct 28th 2012 8:12 pm

lizard only wanted to know where he could buy some good pork pie. How did it become something else?

June

hazeandsteve Oct 29th 2012 5:06 am

Sorry MP.
He was given two places straight off, hope he enjoys the meatiness.:thumbup:

lizard Jan 11th 2013 8:41 pm

June

I eventually got up to Dougs shop and tried some Blackpudding, it was fantastic. So I bought some. Got some pork pies, delicious. I got some beef sausages and some pork sausages. Took them to the beach and cooked them. We then sat and scoffed the lot. Kids loved them. I loved everything.

This is probably the greatest butchers in the southern hemisphere.

love30stm Jan 12th 2013 1:25 am

June

How near to Auckland ? as I'm going tomorow

lizard Jan 12th 2013 6:11 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10478270)
How near to Auckland ? as I'm going tomorow

3 hour drive from Auckland.

kingacat Jan 12th 2013 10:31 pm

Doug's butchers rock! We had beef and black pudding sausages yesterday and they were the best! Roast pork tonight to look forward to.