Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

looking at christchurch

looking at christchurch

Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: looking at christchurch

Hi Andrew, say hello to your mom.

We found it was cloudy waiting for the moon to come up last night. Trying again tonight.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: looking at christchurch

Oh, thanks so much for the info on Rangiora, thats so useful!! Its the little things that you dont know about until you live there that are probably the most useful to know! Thanks again and anything else let me know!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

LittleBird94 will become famous soon enough

It's not Andrew, Michael, it's K!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

It's about 10 minutes away from Kaiapoi and you only have to travel down one oad to get there. (Kaiapoi has more gangs, young people and taggers, while rangiora is more calm, but also has quite a lot of young people.)
It's about 30 minutes to the outskirts of Christchurch (Northlands Mall) and just a little longer to the city centre.
Is this really true? It's true, there was a large gang scene about 5-10 years ago in Kaiapoi, but not anymore.

Judging from the crime reports in the local paper, it looks as though there is the same, if not more crime in Rangiora than there is in Kaiapoi. Just my 2cents
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
Is this really true? It's true, there was a large gang scene about 5-10 years ago in Kaiapoi, but not anymore.

Judging from the crime reports in the local paper, it looks as though there is the same, if not more crime in Rangiora than there is in Kaiapoi. Just my 2cents
hi, whats your local paper called?? i'll see if i can take a peep on line!! thanks
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

We get a a couple of freebie papers ... Northern Outlook, and North Canterbury News.

You might also want to look here -> http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/christchurch
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LittleBird94

Seriously though, come and check out Rangiora. It may soung like i'm bragging but Rangiora is honestly totally awesome!!

I know i've rambled on alot but Rangiora has so much to offer and sorry if i have bored you lol!!!

Hope i helped,
LittleBird94
xox
and it's full of poms.. but you can't have everything..