Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Looking to buy a house in Rangiora need urgent advice on schools/school zone please

Looking to buy a house in Rangiora need urgent advice on schools/school zone please

Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:00 am
Just Joined

TheCookFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to buy a house in Rangiora need urgent advice on schools/school zone please

Hey

This is my first post im still trying to get my head around how to use the site.

Ill cut straight to the point, We are going to auction on a house near the Oaks estate in Rangiora tomorrow but ive just checked the school zones for this area and it looks like the only primary school my daughter would be able to attend is Rangiora Borough school? The few times ive briefly looked at schools on the net for the future (our daughter is only 2) i found that the overall opinion was that Ashgrove is the favoured primary school? If we buy the house we are looking at she will not be in the zone for this school.
Does anyone have children at these schools or know much about them, what are you're opinions /thoughts on them please?

Thanks in advance for any replies or advice you can give.
Sammy
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to buy a house in Rangiora need urgent advice on schools/school zone plea

You need to read the ERO reports (www.ero.govt.nz), and read between the lines! Reports include when the next inspection will be, 3 years is average but it can range from less than 1 year to 5 years which gives you a good indication of how a school is doing. Most importantly you need to visit the school yourself and see what you think as what suits you might not suit someone else and the other way round of course. Schools should be happy to show you around. Ask the Principal why your child should go to his/her school, it always gets an interesting and often revealing response.

If you are out-of-zone for a particular school you can still apply for your child to go there, but there's no guarantee you'll get a place though as it'll depend on the number of in-zone kids.

Good luck with the auction.

Last edited by MOSO; Sep 19th 2012 at 9:32 am.