British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Look Who Came For Tea ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/look-who-came-tea-670882/)

Am Loolah Jun 3rd 2010 6:44 am

Look Who Came For Tea ...

5 Attachment(s)
... Moko!!!:wub: The famous Gisbourne dolphin who has been in Whakatane in recent weeks arrived at The Mount today!! How gawjus is that?!:thumbsup: Apologies for the poor quality pics but my camera was set to photographing flowers and in my excitement I didn't notice!:rolleyes:

I have video footage but am struggling to load it.

As soon as the guy on the long board appeared Moko swam over and upended him!:lol:

Dewb09 Jun 3rd 2010 6:48 am

Re: Look Who Came For Tea ...

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8608101)
... Moko!!!:wub: The famous Gisbourne dolphin who has been in Whakatane in recent weeks arrived at The Mount today!! How gawjus is that?!:thumbsup: Apologies for the poor quality pics but my camera was set to photographing flowers and in my excitement I didn't notice!:rolleyes:

I have video footage but am struggling to load it.

As soon as the guy on the long board appeared Moko swam over and upended him!:lol:

Awesome :thumbsup: :rofl::rofl: poor guy, quite a story to tell people though, not every day you get upended by a dolphin :eek::blink:

Dewb

Am Loolah Jun 3rd 2010 7:09 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 8608107)
Awesome :thumbsup: :rofl::rofl: poor guy, quite a story to tell people though, not every day you get upended by a dolphin :eek::blink:

Dewb

The Kiwi's are sooo laid back about this kind of thing, just me jumping up and down like a loon!:rolleyes:

Better photos shamlessly nicked from a photographer friend!:o

Dewb09 Jun 3rd 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8608152)
The Kiwi's are sooo laid back about this kind of thing, just me jumping up and down like a loon!:rolleyes:

Better photos shamlessly nicked from a photographer friend!:o

I'd be jumping around too, should have seen how excited I got when I saw a seal in the Thames river once :rolleyes:

Great pics :thumbsup:

Dewb

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 3rd 2010 10:51 pm

I'd have been jumping up & down too:thumbup:

Psychopandy Jun 4th 2010 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8610010)
I'd have been jumping up & down too:thumbup:

i would have been jumping also - although i think no2 son would have seen a 'fin' and that would have been the last we saw of him!!! :rofl:

Charlie Paynter Jun 4th 2010 8:41 am

Brill! And thanks for sharing. Where exactly was the vantage point - obviously somewhere in the harbour?

bourbon-biscuit Jun 4th 2010 9:03 am

Ahem, let's not forget he was originally Moko the Hawkes Bay dolphin (started his career at the Mahia Peninsula).

Lovely experience for you Loolah :) When he was in Hawkes Bay the school kids would often head up to Mahia for the weekend to spend time with him and I had one of those wonderful 'teaching moments' when a small group and I read a beautiful school journal article about Opo the dolphin