British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Look what I got ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/look-what-i-got-438506/)

UKNZAUS Mar 29th 2007 7:51 pm

Look what I got ...

1 Attachment(s)
I had my cover-up tattoo done today and I just love it, love it, love it! It goes right across the bottom of my back to cover up a fluffed up one I had done 2 years ago!

Love it :wub:

What do you think ???

Oh yes and I numbed it but it worn off right before having it done !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maz Mar 29th 2007 8:03 pm

Re: Look what I got ...

You're braver than I am to get a tat! Lookin' good! :D

sky Mar 29th 2007 8:05 pm

I love that tat :cool: very nice.

kwprwn Mar 29th 2007 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4579204)
I had my cover-up tattoo done today and I just love it, love it, love it! It goes right across the bottom of my back to cover up a fluffed up one I had done 2 years ago!

What do you think ???

Oh yes and I numbed it but it worn off right before having it done !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

they hurt on the lower back...mine was a killer when I had mine done about 4 yrs ago

what were you covering up? or dare I ask:D

sky Mar 29th 2007 8:07 pm

I did think this thread was going to be showing us your visa or something though I must admit :rofl:

UKNZAUS Mar 29th 2007 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by kwprwn (Post 4579276)
they hurt on the lower back...mine was a killer when I had mine done about 4 yrs ago

what were you covering up? or dare I ask:D

My best friends fella did the cover up for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I had a star with a cherub sat on it, with my sons' names inside the star .... BUT, the star wasn't symmetrical and the cherub was bog-eyed :mad: Sooo i kicked up such a fuss in the shop, made millions of customers leave by showing them the trash they'd done to me and demanded (and recieved) my money back!

He took a before and after pic of today so when they come online, I'll post it on here ;)

Michelle xx

kwprwn Mar 29th 2007 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4579294)
My best friends fella did the cover up for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I had a star with a cherub sat on it, with my sons' names inside the star .... BUT, the star wasn't symmetrical and the cherub was bog-eyed :mad: Sooo i kicked up such a fuss in the shop, made millions of customers leave by showing them the trash they'd done to me and demanded (and recieved) my money back!

He took a before and after pic of today so when they come online, I'll post it on here ;)

Michelle xx

ah right, good for you for kicking up a stink

its a nice tattoo....i wasnt to get mine extended out a bit but getting more chicken as i get older:p

Mandie Mar 29th 2007 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4579204)

What do you think ???

Ouch...bet that hurt:eek:

I must admit i've not got a tattoo but if i did then it would be one at the bottom of my back!

Was it difficult finding a design that would cover up the dodgy tat!!!

looks good though and would be interested to see the before pic

just thought aren't you supposed to keep a dressing on it for a few days???

UKNZAUS Mar 29th 2007 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4579368)
Ouch...bet that hurt:eek:

I must admit i've not got a tattoo but if i did then it would be one at the bottom of my back!

Was it difficult finding a design that would cover up the dodgy tat!!!

looks good though and would be interested to see the before pic

just thought aren't you supposed to keep a dressing on it for a few days???

It was quite difficult yes - this one was my ultimate fave but he said it wouldn't cover my old one! Then he had a brainwave last night and said I could have it after all woohoooooo! it's a bit bigger than the original is but i don't mind, cos i love it lol. You can take the dressing (cling film :rofl: ) off after a couple of hours then wash in warm water and leave to heal :thumbup:

Oh and bottom of back is one of hurtiest places to have one done lol

Michelle xx

PS: Sky, I would trade my new tattoo for visa's any day ;) :lol:

sky Mar 29th 2007 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4579501)

PS: Sky, I would trade my new tattoo for visa's any day ;) :lol:

:rofl:

You'll get here I'm sure :)

Keep your tat out of the sun too,
I have a dragon tat on my hip and it hurt like hell to have that one done .... like someone repeatedly dragging a hot blunt knife over my skin :eek:
I have a nz skink (little lizard) tat on the nape of my neck and I love it so much and it didn't hurt nearly as much as the dragon.
My mate had a tat done on her foot and she was squirming and writhing with the pain cos apparently it's supposed to be the most painful part of your body to have one done :ohmy:
Tattoos are so much more acceptable here, no one batts an eye.