Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Long term rental accommodation

Long term rental accommodation

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Soozj is a jewel in the roughSoozj is a jewel in the roughSoozj is a jewel in the roughSoozj is a jewel in the rough
Default Long term rental accommodation

Hi there

Im fairly new to this site and was wondering how many people are successful at emigrating that don't want to buy (cause I have no money/equity) that stay in the home rental market (if there is one?).

I have only had my mortgage approx 2yrs and bought at a bad time so no equity so really would be starting over if I were to emmigrate and would require to rent.

Thanks Sooz
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:07 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term rental accommodation

plenty of people rent here for lots of different reasons. The standard of rental varies and it is one of those you get what you pay for situations.

Have a look at this to get an idea of the rental market in your preferred area
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-property/index.htm

You could also look at www.gumtree.co.nz for a flatshare if that's what you prefer; good way to meet people from the beginning and maybe give you the chance to check stuff out before committing to somewhere long term

HTH