Reload this Page >

The long awaited MAZI interview

The long awaited MAZI interview

Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The long awaited MAZI interview

Originally Posted by Maz
I thought we'd already established that we've not visited yet.

Exactly that. Are you going to start being really pedantic about the use of the word "always"? 'Cos you're starting to sound like my Mum! Touché!
I know you haven't visited - it was a rhetorical question.

The mum comment was a compliment - I love my mum and she's very clever.

Oh and I've been thinking about what Lard said and I've just realised I've been out of Blighty too long and forgot that we use the 'get packing' comment when we're telling someone to get lost. Which is not what I was saying - I meant get packing for NZ. But you is cleva so you may have realised that.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:07 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

[PRECIS=mazi]A very interesting list populated by well thought out points[PRECIS]
thanks I'll take a little more time to digest this - although I can relate to some of the final ten, I do hope to become more familiar with the first 10!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:07 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Jonny Depp or Orlando Bloom?

U2 or Oasis?

Pizza or Pasta?

Wine or beers?

Reading or sex?

Lights on or lights off?

NZ or Italy?

Coffee or tea?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mazi
1. KATCHAFIRE - because they are the greatest reggae band in NZ and possibly in the universe. I didn't have to miss them for too long though as they came to London to see me!

So don't picture you as a Reggae fan?!

2. Tegal/Tegel (forgotten the spelling) smoked chicken - because it is delicious and you can make a really good salad (which includes mango and plenty of spring onions) with it.

Sounds good.

3. Stingray Bay in the Coromandel - because it's beautiful and I like stingrays. Not sure if I can really say I miss it though as I only went there once and by definition you can only miss something you have become accustomed to.

I miss Robbie Williams - sadly am not yet accustomed to him!

4. Our house - because it is very nice and Boyfriend and I gutted and refurbished it with our own bare hands (apart from the tiling in the en suite due to time constraints). He even made the kitchen himself - and not one of those flat pack jobs either - he really did MAKE it. Clever. Number 8 wire, you see.

What is this Number 8 wire NZ thing? Keep hearing it - have no idea what it means?

5. Cinnamon on cappuccino (but don't tell the Italians) - because it's nicer than chocolate.

Yuk!

6. John Campbell - because he's funny as f***.

Que?

7. bro' town - same reason.

Ditto, que?

8. Cabbage trees - because they're exotic-looking, although I hate the word exotic, it has connotations of 'otherness' which is not really a good thing.

Like "ornamental cabbage plants?" get them here - don't seem to survive!

9. My friend Rachel - because she's cool, witty and intelligent.

Big up Rachel - see you had A friend!

10. That burger place I always forget the name of, the one with the burger with the peanut sauce - because it's not McDonald's.

Yuk - again!

1. The way Italian drivers pull out from the slip road of the motorway without looking or indicating.

Rude.

2. The fact that I am not yet fluent in Italian.

Don't sweat - neither am I!

3. The way Italians wear enormous sunglasses...in the house.

Now, I like that idea - very cool! In a Posh Spice way!

4. The clothes all being too damn small.

Maybe you're too damn big - see your point number 9!

5. The fact that I very often need something urgently at 12.31pm and the shops are shut because it's siesta (well, pranzo actually).

So nap?!

6. The fact that I can't get my daft blonde eyelashes dyed here because so many of the Italian women already have dark glossy lashes and therefore do not need such trifling beauty treatments.

Ooo, sympathise!
Can't you buy DIY kit?

7. The fact that I have to pay about 4 euro for my weekly treat of an English newspaper.

Don't bother?!

8. The blasted 40 degree heat on a work day in the Summer.

Rude again!

9. The fact that it's so damn cheap to eat out well and very often that I am now fatter than ever.

see above.

10. My neighbour's cat which just gave my Georgie a hole in his ear.
Cats are evil!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 9th 2006 at 9:13 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Thanks for this thread Jack - Genius!!

New Zealand is crap.

We are all mad.

Finally I get the gist of what Mazi has been so backward in coming forward about!! Phew!!
Never said you were mad, Am. In fact I said you have a sense of humour Nor in fact did I say anyone IS mad, only that they WOULD be if they liked NZ (after getting there and you haven't gone yet so I wasn't talking about you! )
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:18 pm

Never said you were mad, Am. In fact I said you have a sense of humour Nor in fact did I say anyone IS mad, only that they WOULD be if they liked NZ (after getting there and you haven't gone yet so I wasn't talking about you! )
Why weren't you talking about me? I'm the only one on my planet!!

Been for 3 weeks - loved what I saw - but was just a holiday totally different to living there, appreciate that.

Am already mad, so can pretty much guarantee will love it!

Please tell - what is the Number 8 wire?!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Cats are evil!
I like your responses! But have forgotten them now as this reply box thing is not showing me your full reply. Oh that's because you wrote in mine.

Remembered a couple:

Why not picture me as a reggae fan? Amazing what you can find out about people. Mind you I get this a lot, even when people see me. I worked with a guy in NZ who barely spoke to me for a year and when he found out (by listening to a conversaton I was having with someone else, nosey so and so) I was going to see Katchafire with the Wailers he had respect anew and wanted to be my best friend, Shallow F*****.

Oh damn I've forgotten the other responses now. I'll have another look.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Been for 3 weeks - loved what I saw - but was just a holiday totally different to living there, appreciate that.

You'll find out when you get there - they'll ALL tell you about it.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

John Campbell was a newsreader but not now - he is fabulously irreverent.

Bro' Town is a cartoon which makes very witty comments about NZ and its idiosyncrasies.

Yes I am too damn big - I put on weight when I'm miserable (NZ) and then find it very hard to lose again when faced with delicious food.

Bought a home-dye kit thing, too scared to use it. I fly to Blighty when I need the lashes done.

What else?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Cats are evil!
Friends - had many, in fact too many of the damn things, kept coming round the house all the time when I was trying to be miserable. Buggers didn't even ring. God I hate that.

Newspaper - need to buy as must do the crossword.

Posh Spice is not cool. X

Is that it? Got a bit of a headache.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Pranzo is not strictly a nap, no, Am. It's more of a long lunch - the older ones might fall asleep at the table for a bit after but otherwise they do tend to eat for about three hours in the middle of the day.

Last edited by mazi; Nov 9th 2006 at 9:40 pm. Reason: Spelling - what is wrong with me?! Feel ashamed. Bloomin' bad head though.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hey, maybe that bloke didn't talk to you because you were so aloof and bitter he didn't dare? Then he finds out you might actually like something and maybe there was a bit of common ground between you two and that made him change his opinion? I wonder why you are thousands of miles away and still so bitter? Why didn't you sell the fab house? Surely you dont want to come back and live in it?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Cats are evil!

Murdering sods in my opinion..when Hector goes I will NEVER, EVER have another cat. They wreak devestation on small wild life and shit everywhere. Yuk.

BTW, have been in NZ 19 months now and our lives are as close to perfect as they will ever be on this earth. We utterly adore almost everything about the place (inspite of missing stuff from home and having had not the easiest of inductions into a new life!)....the only thing that really gets me goat..said it before and I'll say it agin..the bloddy driving..utter nutters! And thats the only REALLY SERIOUS negative thing that impacts (or hopefully not!!) upon us as a family.

Did you know that NZ was voted (for all its sins) the 2nd most democratic country on earth..and Italy (as much as I love it) was voted the least democratic in the EEC?

NZ is awesome...don't let anyone else tell you different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:42 pm

Pranzo is not strictly a nap, no, Am. It's more of a long lunch - the older ones might fall asleep at the table for a bit after but otherwise they do tend to eat for about three hours in the middle of the day.
And the Number 8 wire ... am very persistent!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Mazi, Where in NZ did you live ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.