Lonely in Torbay!

Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

mwat will become famous soon enoughmwat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lonely in Torbay!

Originally Posted by lardyl
yeah we should meet up but its good to get out, I was the house husband for three months when we arrived and know what you are talking about, although I was still in training and had a nipper that took up all the spare time!!!
Thanks! Have felt better today - met up with Michelle which was good

Starting to feel more 'at home' and feeling more confident to venture further than the Warehouse and Pak'n Save now - so seeing more of what I came here for!!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

she's down a bit and left a bit
I still haven't worked out which way is up, down, left or right
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Mwat I am a Kiwi and I remember that alone feeling when we lived in the UK and Aus. I would like to think that if you ventured out and about you would find that most Kiwi's are very friendly if you struck up a conversation with them.

Local libraries usually have contacts for clubs and organisations that may be of interest to you and where you could meet people.

http://www.shorelibraries.govt.nz/Events/

All the best settling into your new life.

Thanks

I've managed to get out and about a little and have found everyone to be very helpful and friendly

I'll definitely go to the library to see what's on offer - thanks for that,

Michele
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jude J
I am also not too far away in Browns bay. I will pm you my number and we can meet too if you like?
Oh, and I can also vouch for the people who have so far offered, I have met them all and they are smashing! No airs and graces needed, just be yourself
We have all been there, it does get better.
Take care, Jude x
That'd be good - I'll give you a ring, thanks
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michele,

Glad you're starting to venture out a bit further. It takes a little while to find you're feet but you'll get there. Pleased you've met up with Michelle, she's great. Obviously I have to say that or she might hit me .

I'm in Gulf Harbour, towards the end of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. I work a couple of 12hr shifts per week but I'm free at other times. I could come down to you or if you fancy a trip up here just PM me. Perhaps you & Michelle could come together but could you stand infront of her, just in case she takes a swipe at me .

I've made so many friends since we've been here that it's a struggle to arrange to meet up. Can you have too many friends .

Hope to hear from you,
love Annie x.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mwat
Thanks for that! It'd be good to meet up - whereabouts in Auckland are you? (as if I know many places!! - I have a map though - have map, will travel
I am in West Auckland in a place called Massey
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

she's down a bit and left a bit
I am glad you didnt say Round the bend, or I might have to hit you for that
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
Hi Michele,

Glad you're starting to venture out a bit further. It takes a little while to find you're feet but you'll get there. Pleased you've met up with Michelle, she's great. Obviously I have to say that or she might hit me

I'm in Gulf Harbour, towards the end of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. I work a couple of 12hr shifts per week but I'm free at other times. I could come down to you or if you fancy a trip up here just PM me. Perhaps you & Michelle could come together but could you stand infront of her, just in case she takes a swipe at me

I've made so many friends since we've been here that it's a struggle to arrange to meet up. Can you have too many friends

Hope to hear from you,
love Annie x.
I have the same trouble since being here! I don't have time for anything if it isn't 'pre-booked' and if it's a weekend thing (see SP thing!) it's a no-go unless I have a few weeks notice lol You make me out to be a nutter good job I've nearly met everyone here now!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I am in West Auckland in a place called Massey
I thought you were in Henderson ?! Where the hell did I get that from?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I thought you were in Henderson ?! Where the hell did I get that from?
no idea. its near henderson, thats were we go shopping and the westies try to run you of the road! they drive a bit mad over here (well no different from any were else in NZ)
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

the westies try to run you of the road! they drive a bit mad over here (well no different from any were else in NZ)

Yeah! I'm living proof of that!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah! I'm living proof of that!
i remember reading about it and forgot to ask you when we were at yours, were did it happen?

sorry to mwat for taking over
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

i remember reading about it and forgot to ask you when we were at yours, were did it happen?

sorry to mwat for taking over
Somewhere between Hobsonville and Kumeu .. State 16 I think ?! Was on my way to Debbs' house when it happened .. told her I'd be 10-15 mins, probably arrive about an hour later!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Somewhere between Hobsonville and Kumeu .. State 16 I think ?! Was on my way to Debbs' house when it happened .. told her I'd be 10-15 mins, probably arrive about an hour later!
i know which road you mean, I think its SH 16 but I am useless with the names of these roads, even after a year hereso not much hope for me really
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:08 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same trouble since being here! I don't have time for anything if it isn't 'pre-booked' and if it's a weekend thing (see SP thing!) it's a no-go unless I have a few weeks notice lol You make me out to be a nutter good job I've nearly met everyone here now!
You mean you're not a nutter, that means I must be the nutter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.