London Expo 07

Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default London Expo 07

Hi,

We are considering travel to London in October for Expo 07, my oh is
a joiner. We have just received our ITA and he needs a level 4,
we are in the process of sending off his quals to be accessed.

We are looking for a job offer that will hopefully help, is it worth going

Regards
Karen
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: London Expo 07

Hi Karen

We went to a expo in London Oct 05, and it was the start of our long road to emmigrating, we go in 8 weeks. We found it very informative and met lots of people. I would definately go and have a look

Regards

Ann
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:06 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi,

We are considering travel to London in October for Expo 07, my oh is
a joiner. We have just received our ITA and he needs a level 4,
we are in the process of sending off his quals to be accessed.

We are looking for a job offer that will hopefully help, is it worth going

Regards
Karen

Kags

It's definitely worth a visit, but wouldn't you be closer to the one in Manchester the following week??

As people have said previously, I wouldn't advise people to take kids with them , too busy, too hot, too boring from their point of view
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Link to the NEW ZEALAND EXPO 2007

As far as the trades go , there are usually about 3/4 stands that will be directly interested in tradesmen. These are stands that represent areas of New Zealand.
Work Otago
Bay of Plenty
Taranaki
and another which I forget right now.

The above would take your name , your occupation and would be pleased to see copies of your qualifications and a CV.

There will also be recruitment agencies there. Maybe Wiz and Tons will be there ! Just make sure with these, that you make it clear about the expected rate of pay. There are some shocking low rates offered to tradesmen out there. IMHO nothing should be under $20 for a tradesman with a family to support.

It's a very busy expo and it is packed with stands . You can pick up easy onfo on all sorts of things . You can even open a bank account if my memory serves me right.

NZIS will be there.
Banks
Pet Carriers
Shippers

I'd say it's worth a day out , especially if you can meet up with other hopefuls. We did and had a great time .
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:32 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

You missed Wellington BEV, but don't worry they wont hold it against you!

Agencies that were there last year were Canstaff, Hays & BBT Global, and one more I can't remember but they had lots of computer touch screens available to look at vacancies, anyone remember who they were????We took copies of DH CV with us to hand out, and be warned that some agencies try to get you to do a video interview whilst there!! If you are not comfortable with the idea then don't worry, they wont hold it against you

If you want to open a bank account (no dosh required!) then remember to take your passport with you