Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Living in Waipawa, Hawkes Bay

Living in Waipawa, Hawkes Bay

Old Jun 11th 2018, 1:30 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Waipawa, Hawkes Bay

With a global uptick in seismic activity due to the solar minimum, I'd be steering clear of any fault lines right now. If you have a strong personal desire to live in the region, be earthquake aware and make sure you have good emergency planning.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
With a global uptick in seismic activity due to the solar minimum, I'd be steering clear of any fault lines right now.
Go on then, I'll bite...I do like a good conspiracy theory, they create legions of chicken lickens...

Apart from the silly polar flip and shift in the earths axis stories. both of which would probably spark extinction level events for most mammals, meaning where you buy a house isn't going to matter much anyway What else is a lack of solar activity going to do that it hasn't done already, seeing as a solar minimum occurs about once every 10 years or so.

Last edited by Justcol; Jun 11th 2018 at 7:15 am.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 8:50 am
cym
Forum Regular

cym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
With a global uptick in seismic activity due to the solar minimum, I'd be steering clear of any fault lines right now. If you have a strong personal desire to live in the region, be earthquake aware and make sure you have good emergency planning.
What ever!!!
this is the shaky isles....everyone has to be earthquake aware! They even had one back home up Grimsby way.......oooooooooh
Old Jun 12th 2018, 10:39 am
Just Joined

salbobs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Living in Waipawa, Hawkes Bay

Originally Posted by jmh
Hi jmh,

Thank you for that, it's a very good point and we have given that aspect some thought. We are cognisant of the consequences of living next to the ocean in an earthquake zone, as much as coastal living looks idyllic on the outside.
Cheers!