Swap Shop

Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:46 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swap Shop

ok

Been thinking those of us that are here have accsess to stuff lots thinking of coming here might like.

I mean simple stuff like daily papers,local press,shop flyers (tons of the bloody things each week) till recipts for shopping trips and so on.

those back in the uk have accsess to uk papers,local news and so on.

I for one wont pay $5 for a waterd down copy of a uk paper however I would happily put together a pack to post of the above items in return for similar from the uk.

this we all could do as each person has an 'area' they lived in live in and im sure all our usless flyers for those thinking of a move would be well recieved as would the reverse be true.

so any takers want to try??

all based on trust but hey im game

george
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swap Shop

good idea, i can send stuff from cambridge/hamilton/waikato region
local papers,flyers, house papers etc etc
for a few some up to date (ish) newspapers, maybe a copy of motorcycle news
and i'd love an argos catalogue but i think size and wieght might be an issue
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by colandros
good idea, i can send stuff from cambridge/hamilton/waikato region
local papers,flyers, house papers etc etc
for a few some up to date (ish) newspapers, maybe a copy of motorcycle news
and i'd love an argos catalogue but i think size and wieght might be an issue
you really should get over the argos thing x

And we forgot the board game!!!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want hard copies when most things (inc the Argos catalogue) are available online for both countries?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:01 am

for the same reason I still buy books to read and magazines to look at!

looking online is fine but you cant beat a real pice of paper for a sit down read and heck who take's a laptop into the bog when they have a crap

george
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:07 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni
for the same reason I still buy books to read and magazines to look at!

looking online is fine but you cant beat a real pice of paper for a sit down read and heck who take's a laptop into the bog when they have a crap

george
erm nice

I too love to flick through a hard copy yes it is on line but somehow just not the same.

Please note I DO NOT TAKE IN TOILET!

Nice idea though George, the swaping not the other
Dewb
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:30 am

ta.

so let me start anyone moving to dunedin or the south island want any info or stuff as described drop me a pm and I will send it out

george (oh and I will wash my hands first!!)
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a 2007 Argos catalogue if anybody wants that. Suitably thumbed but never taken into the 'little room'
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:10 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm happy to post out Property Press etc, but I can't think of anything I want or need in return. Robbie Williams' fiancee's head on a plate perhaps ...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Just out of interest do you have an argos type shop over there?

Think the swap thing is a great idea by the way
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:14 pm

simply put no we dont!

let me know what you'd like to be sent over lee and I will send you as much reading as I can!

good luck on the coming year hope it goes to plan.

george
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Swap Shop

Im happy to send over any mags, local Hampshire/Portsmouth rags or nationals, could send you a couple of pages from the latest argos cataloge for the smallest room lol.
Would love any info on Nelson or Christchurch areas x

i'm with you Am loolah on Robbies fiance, still hope yet thou their not married yet!!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:43 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

OFFER: HBC/Whangaparaoa local rags (Rodney Times, North Harbour News) / flyers etc

WANT: Guardian / Observer / Private Eye

ace idea George!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:57 am

was just watching noel edmunds,cheggers and maggie on swap shop the first and best saturday morning kids show and it got me thinking!

so

Offer
Otago Daily times weekend edition complete with all the usual saturday bumf, Dunedin property press, otago property press,tourist times, the star and D scene local papers and flyers

want
Evening standard (london).south london press friday any broadsheet paper, and a good old copy of news of the world and the sun! (happy to get any other local papers if you dont live in london region)

cheers

george

Last edited by george toni; Feb 1st 2010 at 5:59 am. Reason: spelin
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by george toni
simply put no we dont!

let me know what you'd like to be sent over lee and I will send you as much reading as I can!

good luck on the coming year hope it goes to plan.

george
Thanks george toni, I'll let you know if theres anything i'd like sent