British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Living in hope. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/living-hope-419113/)

backdraftuk Jan 15th 2007 8:31 am

Living in hope.

Hi all,

we started looking at this site at the start of December and now that we have decided to try and see if getting into NZ is possible I thought we had better sign up and join in.

From what we have read it is not going to be an easy ride.

Anyway, who are we: both in our 40's at presently living in Wales, just at the end of the Severn Bridge. Having moved here a couple of years ago we already know what its like to be an immigrant;).

OH a management accountant, always has been always will be.
Me, at various times, animal feed manufacturer, Pilot, Teacher, Firefighter.

Can you guess who is the restless spirit? Wrong it's the accountant!

Looking forward to at least a year of posting

Steve & Liz

andy&georgina Jan 15th 2007 10:28 am

Re: Living in hope.

Hi Steve & Liz

Welcome to the forum :)

Hope you find it as useful as we do - any questions ask away and we will all do our best to help you.

Andy & Georgina :)

Batty Jan 17th 2007 7:39 am

Originally Posted by backdraftuk (Post 4285320)
Hi all,

we started looking at this site at the start of December and now that we have decided to try and see if getting into NZ is possible I thought we had better sign up and join in.

Anyway, who are we: both in our 40's at presently living in Wales, just at the end of the Severn Bridge. Having moved here a couple of years ago we already know what its like to be an immigrant;).

Steve & Liz

Hello. You sound like fun :D Welcome. We're in our 40s too and it's just as much fun for us as it for the young ones :D

karonious Jan 17th 2007 10:05 am

Hi all,

Steve & Liz

It's never too late! We moved to NZ last October and we are in our 40's. Both of us have wanderlust but think this will cool the itch. I'm a mental health Nurse, he's (StevieB of this forum) ex-RAF/soon-to-be Probation Officer, living in Hamilton. If you think our short experience may be of benefit, ask and we will try to help.
Good Luck,
Karen B

kwprwn Jan 17th 2007 7:25 pm

Hi all,

Steve & Liz

Welcome to our little corner of the world in the NZ forum

Good Luck with trying to get into NZ

Its great here, I moved here with kiwi husband last march and no regrets so far :)

Dawn

poppets Jan 17th 2007 9:38 pm

Hi all,

Steve & Liz

hello & welcome , enjoy the immigration rollercoster :D