Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Living in Bexley..Christchurch City

Living in Bexley..Christchurch City

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

SHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really niceSHAZMARK is just really nice
Default Living in Bexley..Christchurch City

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what its like in Bexley,,, Christchurch

Is it a nice area?

Any info appreciated.

Mark
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:36 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Bexley..Christchurch City

Personally I don't think it's one of the nicest places. Too close to Aranui for me but I've never lived there and obviously people do and you might have a dream life there! Can only suggest you visit the area at different times of the day and night, check out other houses in the area, look for tyre marks on the roads (signs of hoons!) and tagging on buildings and check out any local shops or cafes and get chatting to the locals there.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:30 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree with TeamEmbo in that it is not the nicest of places, but is also not the worst. Off the main streets it has some quieter residential roads, and is nice and close to the beach.

It is known for the 'poo ponds' that are about 1km away, and are the water treatment settlement ponds which when the wind is wrong will waft an organic aroma over the area. It's not terrible, just a point to note. This may improve with the new outfall that is about to be completed though.

Other than that I don't know much more about it, so not too much help really.

If you're in ChCh already, we're having a bbq on Saturday afternoon (see in the 'meet-ups' forum for the info) to which you'd be welcome. Maybe someone there can shed some light!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

debz12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I agree with the previous posts, Bexleys ok-ish but there a far nicer surrounding suburbs.
We live in Parklands/Queenspark near to Bottle Lake Forest and the beach, it's a great area. Avondale and Burwood are nice too, though they may be a little pricier than Bexley. All depends what your budget is too I suppose.
Good luck
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Iv,e got a mate on Parklands if u want a nosey round his gaff Mark ?It looks like a really nice place

Neil