Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Living in Auckland

Living in Auckland

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Living in Auckland

Originally Posted by lardyl
browns bay school - the right area gets a "10"!!!! Mrs L will be pleased........
so does Torbay School......... hoorah....
and glamorgan school.......... this seems good.....
and pinehill school .......
is this the epicentre of New Zealand scholarly excellence???????
I am way behind you as I am at work!!! Yes, it is quite an affluent area I suppose so they will all score highly.
Just going to look through my pics on my work pc see if I have any of BB to show it off!!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:07 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
Hi Ian,.... Our little kiwi baby is only 22 months but that is where we want her to go to school.
thanks, will point her nibs in the general direction and try to find the commute times for the various prospective employers...... but first to bed -
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:10 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I am way behind you as I am at work!!! Yes, it is quite an affluent area I suppose so they will all score highly.
Just going to look through my pics on my work pc see if I have any of BB to show it off!!
thanks again, and crossed post again!
you must spend as much time on this forum as I do at work - I have 3 1/2 more weeks before I leave (gave notice in July) - not sure what to do with myself from there on in........hope to be in your part of the world come early-mid Jan if all meds/EOI/employment goes well. If not then more of the same in UK for another company.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

thanks again, and crossed post again!
you must spend as much time on this forum as I do at work - I have 3 1/2 more weeks before I leave (gave notice in July) - not sure what to do with myself from there on in........hope to be in your part of the world come early-mid Jan if all meds/EOI/employment goes well. If not then more of the same in UK for another company.

Hope you get these then before you go off to bed;
one is our old view down to Rothesay Bay, the bay next to Browns and the other is Browns Bay beach, if it works!
Attached Thumbnails Living in Auckland-our-view-medium-.jpg   Living in Auckland-browns-bay-medium-.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:33 pm
you dewty owld maan!

one is our old view down to Rothesay Bay, the bay next to Browns and the other is Browns Bay beach, if it works!
tom (eldest) would love that as the beach is his favourite place.......and I miss the sea in "land locked" Coventry - now MUST go to bed before laptop battery dies.. nighty night.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics... isnt it lovely to be able to go down to a beach so easily. My mum was only saying yesterday how jealous they are that within 5 minutes we have so many beaches to go to.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
Nice pics... isnt it lovely to be able to go down to a beach so easily. My mum was only saying yesterday how jealous they are that within 5 minutes we have so many beaches to go to.

It is. I used to live near the beach in Portsmouth too but here all you get is the sea and sand, not 100's of things to spend your money on!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

It is. I used to live near the beach in Portsmouth too but here all you get is the sea and sand, not 100's of things to spend your money on!
Most of it junk....lol.

The kids love it here. Our coffee group met up on Omana beach last week and we are doing the same this week too... the kids play in the park and then we have a picnic and then some of the littlies strip off and go for a paddle too... its just great for them round here. Its just so peaceful and if you are with friends you can have a good old natter too. Love it!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

i like browns bay...that may have something to do with that I can get walkers crisps there
so very sad I know
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
Most of it junk....lol.

The kids love it here. Our coffee group met up on Omana beach last week and we are doing the same this week too... the kids play in the park and then we have a picnic and then some of the littlies strip off and go for a paddle too... its just great for them round here. Its just so peaceful and if you are with friends you can have a good old natter too. Love it!!

i used to think that I wish I could have been here when my kids were little so we could have done stuff like that right from a young age. Now i get to do it with babykins. Be careful what you wish for!!! No, I love it really. She had plenty of swims last summer and loves the water, she calls the sea 'bath' ...bless...
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
i like browns bay...that may have something to do with that I can get walkers crisps there
so very sad I know

you and your walkers crisps!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

i used to think that I wish I could have been here when my kids were little so we could have done stuff like that right from a young age. Now i get to do it with babykins. Be careful what you wish for!!! No, I love it really. She had plenty of swims last summer and loves the water, she calls the sea 'bath' ...bless...
Awww.... My little lad was scared of the sea last year but I took him to the swimming pool last summer and his daddy took him in the hot tub with him (rental house not this one)... and now hes ok with it. Not sure what he'd make of proper waves though.

I wasnt going to have any more kids ya know. I got rid of 95% of my baby stuff before moving here.... now I regret I did that!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

you and your walkers crisps!!
the words stuck record spring to mind when it comes to me and walkers but I could do with a beer now as I feel really stressed today
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
the words stuck record spring to mind when it comes to me and walkers but I could do with a beer now as I feel really stressed today
OMG I've had no Walkers crisps now since about May 2005. I had a a visitor last week from England and she bought me a massive box of my favourite decaff tea and loads of packets of Angel Delight.... one had burst open so when OH went to work and DS was asleep I ate it all myself!!

I had a beer the other month but I felt so sick straight afterwards its put me off.... just as well really. I remember having one beer when I was pregnant 3 years ago and it was on the hottest ever recorded day in England.

I've just eaten a load of mixed nuts from PacNSave.... a craving..

Sorry to the O/P for going off topic..
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

tom (eldest) would love that as the beach is his favourite place.......and I miss the sea in "land locked" Coventry - now MUST go to bed before laptop battery dies.. nighty night.
Hi,
Nothing to do with the thread but i noticed you said Coventry. Where abouts do you live in lovely Coventry? I've just moved from Nutbrook Avenue to my dads house before we leave in November.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.