Reload this Page >

Liver function tests

Liver function tests

Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

SteveHallsworth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Liver function tests

Hi Bev,

Childwall we are currently living. I am talking to a company at the minute in New Plymouth. The only Company in New Zealand who do Oil & Gas work. I have been looking at the area and it looks great. We are looking forward to our medicals so we can crack a bottle of champers and have some pizza. We have both been on strict regimented diets which are paying off.

We were looking at Auckland if I were to just turn up once visas have been granted. Hopefully I will have a job to go to

Steve.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SteveHallsworth
Hi Bev,

Childwall we are currently living. I am talking to a company at the minute in New Plymouth. The only Company in New Zealand who do Oil & Gas work. I have been looking at the area and it looks great. We are looking forward to our medicals so we can crack a bottle of champers and have some pizza. We have both been on strict regimented diets which are paying off.

We were looking at Auckland if I were to just turn up once visas have been granted. Hopefully I will have a job to go to

Steve.
Hi Steve,

for you. I will be joining you with the champers if mine gets approved. Thing is, being tee total for so long, I'll be sozzled after one drink. Keep us updated.

Bev

Hi Flowerpot.

Thanks for your advice. I was feeling very downhearted, but hopefully I've turned a corner. I was supposed to have sent on my blood results to my caes officer by the 22nd Nov, but as I was having further tests and ivestigations, I sent her an email telling her this. I received an out of office reply stating that she was away till the 3rd Dec. I just hope that this wont be a problem. I bet you're loving Auckland now that the weather is hot. We're freezing our butts off here, with snow forecast for the weekend, Brrrrr....

Bev
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:23 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Its so easy to get down about it but try to keep your chin up, they turn away very few people if you have the skills they want!
We got really stressed about it but it all turned out great and now when I'm sat on our deck watching the ocean with a large glass of rose and the sun beating down on my face, its aaaaall worth it!!
Summer is officially here as of Weds, its warm now but I want HOT! Typical brit haha
Sure it wont be a prob with your visa officer, ours was very accomodating when we had delays, as long as youve emailed them and told them that should be fine

I'll keep a cold bottle chilled ready for your arrival
Old Nov 27th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
I'll keep a cold bottle chilled ready for your arrival
Awwh, thanks Flowerpot, that's lovely. Went back to see the consultant yesterday and everything from the gastroscope is normal . Also the repeat LFTs I had done after the gastroscope were normal. Although, the reference ranges for "normal" are higher than the ones I have done with my GP. GGT was 80 (normal is 0-80) and bilirubin was 21 (normal is 3-22). Do you think they will now be happy with these? I know its a million dollar question and I will get them repeated again next week, but I'll have to go through my GP which has a lower reference range. Just have to wait and see.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Liver function tests

Originally Posted by BevK
Awwh, thanks Flowerpot, that's lovely. Went back to see the consultant yesterday and everything from the gastroscope is normal . Also the repeat LFTs I had done after the gastroscope were normal. Although, the reference ranges for "normal" are higher than the ones I have done with my GP. GGT was 80 (normal is 0-80) and bilirubin was 21 (normal is 3-22). Do you think they will now be happy with these? I know its a million dollar question and I will get them repeated again next week, but I'll have to go through my GP which has a lower reference range. Just have to wait and see.
Great news at last, medical assessor has finally approved my visa. Absolutely ecstatic that I can now refocus on moving to NZ. Also registered with the nursing council of NZ, so hopefully we will be making the move in July/August 2011. Can't wait!!!!

Bev (one very happy bunny)
Old Jan 15th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Liver function tests

Congratulations Bev - (I have just read this thread) you are on your way to sunny NZ.

My daughter is a nurse working in New Zealand. She used to work in the Cardiothoracic Centre in Liverpool. We will be joining her this year (parent visa).

I used to live in Orrell Park!! Liverpool

All these Liverpudlians - there're everywhere!!!
Old Jan 15th 2011, 11:08 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BevK
Great news at last, medical assessor has finally approved my visa. Absolutely ecstatic that I can now refocus on moving to NZ. Also registered with the nursing council of NZ, so hopefully we will be making the move in July/August 2011. Can't wait!!!!

Bev (one very happy bunny)
Great news......enjoy celebrating
Old Jan 16th 2011, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula2007
Congratulations Bev - (I have just read this thread) you are on your way to sunny NZ.

My daughter is a nurse working in New Zealand. She used to work in the Cardiothoracic Centre in Liverpool. We will be joining her this year (parent visa).

Even Rotorua!!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:40 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh congrats missus!! I'll chill the wine!!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paula2007

Thanks everyone, your wishes are much appreciated.

Hi Paula,

That's great, whereabouts in NZ are you heading to?

Hi Flowerpot,

Look forward to it!!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

A bit late, but congrats Bev - you got there in the end
I've just been to my GP to get the results of my latest test requested by the MA and Gamma GT is down to 52, though he says normal is 40 - not sure if that's a maximum or some sort of mid-range value - does anyone know if different laboratories' results have different scales?
SteveH - how are your tests getting on?

John.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnht
A bit late, but congrats Bev - you got there in the end
I've just been to my GP to get the results of my latest test requested by the MA and Gamma GT is down to 52, though he says normal is 40 - not sure if that's a maximum or some sort of mid-range value - does anyone know if different laboratories' results have different scales?
SteveH - how are your tests getting on?

John.
Hi John,

Being a nurse, I would say that 40 for your GGT is absolutely fine, although labs do have different ranges, and with GGT it is lower for men than women. Mine was 80 (range was 0-80 for women) with one lab and 0-55 for another lab. The medical assessor approved mine based on 80, so I dont see you having any problem.

for you. Let us know how you get on

Bev