Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A little positivity please!!!

A little positivity please!!!

Old May 3rd 2010, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little positivity please!!!

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Just curious...what can you study here that you couldn't study in the UK
I had studied in the UK and not completed which made it very difficult to get involved in another course

Here, the student loans scheme is really open so was able to easily be funded for another undergraduate course.

I did an undergraduate degree in addictions - this would be hard to do in the UK, most are post grad.

So yes...as I said before...it was about the opportunity, not the subject

And now I'm doing my post grad at Auckland Uni
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flower Pot

If I never see another Lpool chav it will be too soon... pajama's, ugg boots, rollers in hair, walking around Asda - its enough to make anyone run for the hills

Right then... off to Asda to count the pajama, ugg boots, roller-wearing chavs and give them some disgusted looks...
I'll know I'm a real Kiwi when I go to the dairy in my pyjamas, or the chip shop in my slippers. You can tell I'm a relative newcomer because I thought I was being really radical going round New World barefoot.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleal
I thought I was being really radical going round New World barefoot.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:42 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheila2010
If you can't take the truth about NZ don't go there.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

is about positive stuff innit
Give yer head a shake as a wise woman once said
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:06 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Changed your mind about the Australian site?
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I’ll like New Zealand because it is a young country filled with great new possibilities. We have the very real chance in New Zealand to leave behind the archaic beliefs and glacial systems that shackle the old world. There may be much room for industry and nurturing of innovation in our beautiful country but in many ways that’s actually a good thing, New Zealand has never been a country where “sticking to what you know” works well. We have constantly adapt ourselves to ever changing demands in a drive towards progress, whether the winds of change worked for us or against us. Everything we need to survive and thrive is here in New Zealand be it food or gold, wine or wood.

We can make New Zealand a great place to work, live and prosper. This is a country built by immigrants who came looking for better lives and a fresh start, united together as people who dared to dream of a new future. In that tradition we have the potential to not only to prosper and succeed in New Zealand but also to write history as a nation that throws caution to the wind and do things differently. The important history of New Zealand has yet to be written and we are only at the dawn of the coming age in this newly populated land.

Whenever I’m frustrated at New Zealand it’s not because I don’t see potential in New Zealand, it’s because I see abundant potential and have high expectations. We will succeed, just as those who first came saw only thick forest inhabited by warring tribal savages succeeded in building a democracy littered with farms and houses prospering on fertile land .
Hell,
You sound like a politician delivering some kind of election diatribe.
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Hell,
You sound like a politician delivering some kind of election diatribe.
Hey man, you hated NZ. We all get that and I'm sorry that it wasn't for you and glad that you're in a better place
But please respect the OPs request for positivity

She can choose, and has chosen to read other threads and will get a chance to experience NZ in it's entirety soon enough

But for this thread at least, it's time to follow our nanna's wise words "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

If you can't respect that, after being asked nicely, then I would suggest that speaks volumes about you rather than NZ

Go well brother (as Desmond might say)
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Hey man, you hated NZ. We all get that and I'm sorry that it wasn't for you and glad that you're in a better place
But please respect the OPs request for positivity

She can choose, and has chosen to read other threads and will get a chance to experience NZ in it's entirety soon enough

But for this thread at least, it's time to follow our nanna's wise words "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

If you can't respect that, after being asked nicely, then I would suggest that speaks volumes about you rather than NZ

Go well brother (as Desmond might say)
I don't understand why those who have come to NZ and don't like it, leave NZ BUT still loiter on this forum. It would be like me loitering on the MBTTUK forum saying what a crap time I had in the Uk for the last x amount of years I was there. But I don't. I actively post on this forum about both the good and bad as I am doing my best to give the country I love an honest critique in the hope that my input will be of help to others. Some people just seem to be plain angry about NZ and I think their perspective might need to be taken with some care as they may be 'overly emotional' and thus less likely to give an objective view. I am all for balanced negative posts but not from those who just spit nails ALL the time.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:56 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: A little positivity please!!!

Angela & Jim - how cool is that! Did you still get the fine though?!

Well eloquently said Charismatic. Sounds like a good ideology for the future NZ

Littleal - Maybe I'm biased now after my continuous exposure to said PJ wearing chavs here, but I will NEVER go the shop in mine, no matter what continent I'm on!!! Barefoot - hmmm its has its appeals but don't your feet get rotten?!

Originally Posted by pricklykina
... please respect the OPs request for positivity... for this thread at least, it's time to follow our nanna's wise words "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"
Thanks pricklykina - well said there are plenty of other threads to voice your negative opinions mcuddy1, please respect our wish to only have positive opinions voiced in this one

Totally agree Genesis why bother coming on this forum if only to hate-monger when it didn't work out... no point

Anyhooooo - back to the original topic...

Our main positive from our trips there is spending a lot more time outside doing fun activities - rounders and picnic in the park, walks on the beach, football, BBQ's and games, exploring etc, most of which are free
The NZ good weather and beautiful country make all these possible and we can't wait to start our new lifestyle

Another positive for us is the new places we can holiday. Having done Europe zillions of times we are looking forward to a change. We will have a few years to holiday across NZ and then travel to Oz and the Pacific Islands... the futures looking bright
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately we did $230! Weird thing was we had to pay it in the bank there was a guy in front of us kept looking at the slip and the money and I thought omg we're going to get mugged he turned out to be really nice blethered away to us for ages (long wait) told us what he was in for and what a bummer it was getting a fine like that. Suppose the moral of the story is don't judge a book by it's cover open it up and explore inside before you make any judgements.

What a great thread have some Karma for starting it
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Genesis
I don't understand why those who have come to NZ and don't like it, leave NZ BUT still loiter on this forum. It would be like me loitering on the MBTTUK forum saying what a crap time I had in the Uk for the last x amount of years I was there. But I don't. I actively post on this forum about both the good and bad as I am doing my best to give the country I love an honest critique in the hope that my input will be of help to others. Some people just seem to be plain angry about NZ and I think their perspective might need to be taken with some care as they may be 'overly emotional' and thus less likely to give an objective view. I am all for balanced negative posts but not from those who just spit nails ALL the time.
Well old man,
There are plenty of posters that use both forums, many on the MBTUK who slag off the UK,
I commented on the posters over the top post. Nothing particularly damming re NZ. I will have another look at the rules to see the pre requisite for posting on this forum is to be living or intending to move to NZ.

I don't understand why you hate the UK as it gave you a good living for many years and a nice pension from the police force.
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Well old man,
There are plenty of posters that use both forums, many on the MBTUK who slag off the UK,
I commented on the posters over the top post. Nothing particularly damming re NZ. I will have another look at the rules to see the pre requisite for posting on this forum is to be living or intending to move to NZ.

I don't understand why you hate the UK as it gave you a good living for many years and a nice pension from the police force.
Who said I hate the UK?? I don't hate the UK at all. Leaving it has made me realise just how wonderful the UK is. Alas houses are ridiculously expensive and as I have said its stupidly overcrowded hence my departure. The latter does not make me hate the place one iota. The 'crap' I referred to was local to the centre of Northampton where I had daily greif up to my eyeballs..that does not make all of the UK crap..just the bit I left. The UK is an awesome place. The day 55 million up and leave is the day I return. I assume at that juncture I will be able to afford a nice house. Let me know when it happens aye?

Last edited by Genesis; May 3rd 2010 at 8:07 pm.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Good points,

I never thought i would say this but, Reasonable sensible coppers

Got pulled yesterday, speeding a bit on the phone and no seat belt (yes i,m a dick)

Had a chat with the guy and he agreed to do me only for the belt as it carried no points so i could keep my licence clean for my job, another 5 min pleasant chat and he sent me on my way with nothing at all i think he could see i was having a bad day I wasn,t a major crim so he just let it go

That would never have happened with the traffic nazi,s in the motherland

Neil
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Who said I hate the UK?? I don't hate the UK at all. Leaving it has made me realise just how wonderful the UK is. Alas houses are ridiculously expensive and as I have said its stupidly overcrowded hence my departure. The latter does not make me hate the place one iota. The 'crap' I referred to was local to the centre of Northampton where I had daily greif up to my eyeballs..that does not make all of the UK crap..just the bit I left. The UK is an awesome place. The day 55 million up and leave is the day I return. I assume at that juncture I will be able to afford a nice house. Let me know when it happens aye?
I agree that there is not that much wrong with this country, I will still be keeping a keen eye on events in the U.K. even when I leave. I joined this forum back in 2005, and it was then I started thinking about emmigrating, mostly for the space issue and just a change of scenary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.