Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Little bit of Help!

Little bit of Help!

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Carlos58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Little bit of Help!

Can anyone please help, im looking to immigrate to NZ, but im a little confused with the wage's out there, compared to the price's of house's.

If im not mistaken the average wage is around $50,000 per year, and looking at the price of properties around Auckland, they range from $350,000+ for something tidy, am i looking at the right sites, the reason im looking at this area is my job experience. Transport Shift Manager Corus Steel Plant. Is this right or am i looking at the wrong thing.

Any help will be appreciated

Kind Regards
Carl
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:51 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Little bit of Help!

Originally Posted by Carlos58
Can anyone please help, im looking to immigrate to NZ, but im a little confused with the wage's out there, compared to the price's of house's.

If im not mistaken the average wage is around $50,000 per year, and looking at the price of properties around Auckland, they range from $350,000+ for something tidy, am i looking at the right sites, the reason im looking at this area is my job experience. Transport Shift Manager Corus Steel Plant. Is this right or am i looking at the wrong thing.

Kind Regards
Carl

Hi Carl,

Welcome.

Can't help you with average wages or price houses in Aucklan. But if you go on the government housing site you can research averages for house prives by area. Something like www.dbh.gov.nz?

For driving/construction ect jobs and wages try;

www.abc.co.nz ? May or may not be of relevance?

Just know it's a nitemare when you have no response to your post!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Kind Regards
Carl
Yep Ild say you were about right, $350,000 should get you a 3 bed in a good area...maybe....
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

annaerb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The average male wage in New Zealand is approximately $36,000 per annum before tax. This "average" figure is based on data which includes those on the minimum legal wage (NZ$10.25 per hour) and high-income earners.

TAXATION

Tax on income < $38,000 = 19.5%

Tax on income > $38,000 but < $60,000 = 33%

Tax on income > $60,000 = 39%

COST OF LIVING

Those with a mortgage free home can of course expect to find themselves in a favourable situation.

An example of a basic budget for a family of 4 living in Auckland (does not include clothing, entertainment, insurances etc) would be:

Rent
$1,500 per month

Food (basic)
$1,000 per month

Electricity & Gas
$ 150 per month

Telephone
$ 100 per month (internet, tolls, rental)

Petrol
$ 200 per month

Month Total (approx.)
NZ$2,950 (UKP1150)

Rental costs outside Auckland are normally significantly lower (e.g Hamilton approx $1200 -$1300)
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:24 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Kind Regards
Carl
Do you have a job lined up in Auckland? House prices vary region to region. From what we saw last year, Hamilton would also be a good area to look at for your line of work. Close enough to Auckland if you want it but you could probably get more for your $$$

Sarah
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Do you have a job lined up in Auckland? House prices vary region to region. From what we saw last year, Hamilton would also be a good area to look at for your line of work. Close enough to Auckland if you want it but you could probably get more for your $$$

Sarah
No im in the early stages at the moment, im looking at this area, due to the job im currently doing, Steel Worker, and there a steel plant near there, i was going to drop them my CV to see if they had any career opportunities.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:49 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Kind Regards
Carl
Hi Carl

A guy in my MBA class was from Corus - Steve.

Are going across in a few weeks to spend xmas with family etc and will have a chat on local wage rates etc - If you like why not send me your cv and I will take it with me.

Kiwi
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thebears
Hi Carl

A guy in my MBA class was from Corus - Steve.

Are going across in a few weeks to spend xmas with family etc and will have a chat on local wage rates etc - If you like why not send me your cv and I will take it with me.

Kiwi
Thanks KIWI i appreciate that, I've also attached my current job description if that helps to.

Carl

Last edited by Sue; Oct 23rd 2006 at 12:31 pm. Reason: Attachments removed at request of OP
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:21 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Little bit of Help!

Hi Carlos,

My mate, Peris ( Mumbles ) works at Corus, Port Talbot.
I have been in New Zealand ( Invercargill ) for 9 months.
If you need any other help just PM me.

Taff.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:37 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I would have PM'd your cv if I was you, especially with all that personal information contained in it ... phone numbers etc :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sky
I would have PM'd your cv if I was you, especially with all that personal information contained in it ... phone numbers etc :scared:
You are probably right, but being a new to this site a wasn't aware there was this facility, but looking on the bright side with it being open to the world maybe there someone out there that can see my potential.

Carl
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:54 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

You are probably right, but being a new to this site a wasn't aware there was this facility, but looking on the bright side with it being open to the world maybe there someone out there that can see my potential.

Carl
I would REALLY delete your CV. Too much info to be on the net

That kind of info in the wrong hands ect. :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
I would REALLY delete your CV. Too much info to be on the net

That kind of info in the wrong hands ect. :scared:
Looks like i may of made a big Boo Boo, any ideas how i remove it.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:25 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like i may of made a big Boo Boo, any ideas how i remove it.
Edit post and remove attachments. If not get in touch with a MOD and they can do it for you