British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   List of Rentals in NZ allowing animals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/list-rentals-nz-allowing-animals-383544/)

mumomonty Jul 6th 2006 11:02 pm

List of Rentals in NZ allowing animals

Hi all, Thought I'd be helpful for once
Thought this could be a thread that gets added to by people who've found theappropriate places to stay!? (hopefully)

The one we rented in Cambridge (Waikato) was via a lady called Val who runs the gym in Cambridge. She's from the Uk originally and very understanding about pets and the house - for a rental- was presentable. (be prepared to drop your standards somewhat for your pets people and think of the day you get your own place). PM me if you need me to contact her for you if you are coming to Cambridge or Hamilton area.

Mumo.
Anyone got any others that might help? :)

sky Jul 7th 2006 12:06 am

Re: List of Rentals in NZ allowing animals

The rental we're in at the mo allows cats :)

mumomonty Jul 7th 2006 5:01 am

Originally Posted by sky
The rental we're in at the mo allows cats :)

Think we need a format here i.e.
How many beds:

Am I being bossy? :)

pixi-dust Jul 7th 2006 6:03 am

What a great idea.

The rental we stayed in when we first arrived was fully furnished, and allowed us our 2 cats and dog.
It was lovely. Two bedrooms. About 5/10 mins outside kerikeri. No phone or mobile phone reception though. It was secluded and the animals could run about in complete safety. It wasn't cheap but it was perfect. Very restful to get your head together.

I can PM details to anyone if needed.

sky Jul 7th 2006 7:33 am

Lol ok, it's in Rangiora, it's 3 bed and warm and cosy, it's decor is a bit tired but the carpets are in good nick and it's fully enclosed with high fences and nice lockable high gates.
It has a wood burner :D (most important bit)
Our landlady is lovely.
When we move out I'll let the forum know just in case someone wants it and if they do I'll do like Pixie and pm details.

Sophie_Wellington Jul 7th 2006 11:01 am

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Hi all, Thought I'd be helpful for once
Thought this could be a thread that gets added to by people who've found theappropriate places to stay!? (hopefully)

The one we rented in Cambridge (Waikato) was via a lady called Val who runs the gym in Cambridge. She's from the Uk originally and very understanding about pets and the house - for a rental- was presentable. (be prepared to drop your standards somewhat for your pets people and think of the day you get your own place). PM me if you need me to contact her for you if you are coming to Cambridge or Hamilton area.

Mumo.
Anyone got any others that might help? :)

Hi Mumonty, Good idea!

Mana Hotel
What does it allow: Dog, cats (negotiable speak to owner)
How many beds: Holiday accommodation - also have a separate SC apartment I think

I also know of a beach-house in Waikanae for your first week's stay.

Does anyone know of a dog & cat friendly rental along the south east coast in Welly (Lyall / Houghton / anywhere lol) please?

xpat19 Jul 8th 2006 9:13 pm

What a great idea for a thread, and very timely for us !

We're looking for a rental that allows 2 x dogs in West Auckand untill Dec, and then one in ChCh from Dec.
Some landlords are ok about 1 x dog but balk at the idea of 2.... even tho they're more house trained than my son !

nickcharliepark Jul 9th 2006 9:51 am

Originally Posted by xpat19
What a great idea for a thread, and very timely for us !

We're looking for a rental that allows 2 x dogs in West Auckand untill Dec, and then one in ChCh from Dec.
Some landlords are ok about 1 x dog but balk at the idea of 2.... even tho they're more house trained than my son !

Hi

we need a rental for 2 adults and one large fairly well behaved dog in Tauranga area.

Cheers Nick