Lip Synch ...

Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lip Synch ...

... Oh. My. God.

Somebody help me please.

Have been told that we have 5 weeks in our office to come up with a performance for a Lip Synch competition at the annual awards.

Last October it was "Idol", thankfully I was not called upon to contribute.

6 months on and I've been asked to co-ordinate, direct & choreograph this years lip synch entry?

My first thought was Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" closely followed by whoever sang, "Don't Call Me Baby ..."

Your thoughts/recommendations would be tolerated ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lip Synch ...

So tellus about your group, are they all male / female or mixed? Is it supposed to be for a laugh or do they take it very seriously?

If you were all girls, I'd go for Maddona's 'Like a Virgin'.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
So tellus about your group, are they all male / female or mixed? Is it supposed to be for a laugh or do they take it very seriously?

If you were all girls, I'd go for Maddona's 'Like a Virgin'.
Mixed, predominantly female, but some random blokes had to ruin it - they may well be virgins though?

Age range from 33 - 69?

We have to mime and throw some shapes ... I am not putting in any gymnastic crabs after the last party due to not being able to walk for a week afterwards.

A bad moonwalk would be amusing though methinks?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, shapes? What's with the shapes? Just trying to find a link .
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:37 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Queen - I want to break free - get the dudes to dress up in drag
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:38 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Michael Jackson - thriller?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Queen - I want to break free - get the dudes to dress up in drag

I love that video where they're all doing the housework!

haha had to go and find it, some inspiration for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyIyEyVPvo

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Mar 10th 2008 at 9:45 am. Reason: added link
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
... Oh. My. God.

Somebody help me please.

Have been told that we have 5 weeks in our office to come up with a performance for a Lip Synch competition at the annual awards.

Last October it was "Idol", thankfully I was not called upon to contribute.

6 months on and I've been asked to co-ordinate, direct & choreograph this years lip synch entry?

My first thought was Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" closely followed by whoever sang, "Don't Call Me Baby ..."

Your thoughts/recommendations would be tolerated ...
You have my sympathies and here was me thinking NZ was free from all this enforced hilarity corporate nonsense? What about ABBA if you are in the same era as Kate Bush (ok she was a bit later)?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I love that video where they're all doing the housework!

haha had to go and find it, some inspiration for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyIyEyVPvo
hahahha thats made me giggle. Roger has some cracking legs *phwoooarr*
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by luvwelly
You have my sympathies and here was me thinking NZ was free from all this enforced hilarity corporate nonsense? What about ABBA if you are in the same era as Kate Bush (ok she was a bit later)?
Thank you all for your suggestions - I am imagining they take it quite seriously as in wanting to win. It could be the only award I partake in on the night!

Abba is out as I hate them.

Thriller is too hard to get away with.

Other thoughts were Rock DJ - Manager (50+) in Tiger pants?

The Pussy Cat Dolls "Dontcha Wish Ya Boyfriend Was Hot Like Me ..."

Or, less choreography, more miming, Bohemian Rhapsody?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:14 am

how about Robert Palmer Addicted to Love. The video has all those lovely ladies dressed in black, slick hair etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0U5JfGYx4c

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoeFzjaG7Zs

The video has lots of possible characters. Pantomime cow for instance LOL. I just needed an excuse to watch that video again. So 80s, so cool.

For the older folk amongst your dance troop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUJE2xs-RE
Tom jones - Sex Bomb. Get your boss to girate his hips. That will see you a pay rise.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish
how about Robert Palmer Addicted to Love. The video has all those lovely ladies dressed in black, slick hair etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0U5JfGYx4c

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoeFzjaG7Zs

The video has lots of possible characters. Pantomime cow for instance LOL. I just needed an excuse to watch that video again. So 80s, so cool.

For the older folk amongst your dance troop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUJE2xs-RE
Tom jones - Sex Bomb. Get your boss to girate his hips. That will see you a pay rise.
Tom Jones - Genius, am loving that suggestion.

Have they heard of him here?

We can hire a chest wig ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:58 am

Tom Jones - Genius, am loving that suggestion.

Have they heard of him here?

We can hire a chest wig ...
Campbells - would appreciate your thoughts?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

big nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nice

Campbells - would appreciate your thoughts?
how about Islands in the Stream??? great to see a bloke as Dolly? and surely everyone knows the words to it!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

On the same thought train how about 9 to 5 by Dolly....surely everyone will know those words.

Phyllis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.