Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

links to Australia/New Zealand

links to Australia/New Zealand

Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default links to Australia/New Zealand

It would seem that many posters already have established links in Oz or NZ either personally or through their partner. I have wondered on the impact of emigrating if you have friends or family already here. Neither Chris or I have any family or close friends here.

In some ways I think it must be really helpful to have an established network to move into, on the other I personally wouldn't follow the advice given to me from most of my family .

It intrigues me that some people in the UK don't consider that those of us already in OZ or NZ aren't giving it a fair go. I guess that we all have a different measuring stick on what that means.

I think people like Pollyanna are really brave, although she may have the luxury of having a partner and friends in OZ she is embarking on a life in a new country and living full time with her 'bloke' will bring its own challenges (or is that just me living with Chris )

Anyhow, I would love to hear all your comments on this and I have added a poll to look at figures.