Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

On-line Christmas Presents help!

On-line Christmas Presents help!

Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default On-line Christmas Presents help!

Hi

I wonder if anyone here could give me some ideas? We're currently living in Canada and I have a nephew living in New Zealand and would like to send him a present. I think it's too late to send an actual gift to get there on time, so on-line shopping would be a better option. Can anyone let me know of some on-line shops I could buy gift vouchers for New Zealand, or CD/DVD shop online like Amazon? Do they have Amazon in New Zealand?

I personally don't want to send money through the post as I have had money stolen from cards in the mail here, so not taking the risk.

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Mel
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:29 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: On-line Christmas Presents help!

Originally Posted by mels123
Hi

I wonder if anyone here could give me some ideas? We're currently living in Canada and I have a nephew living in New Zealand and would like to send him a present. I think it's too late to send an actual gift to get there on time, so on-line shopping would be a better option. Can anyone let me know of some on-line shops I could buy gift vouchers for New Zealand, or CD/DVD shop online like Amazon? Do they have Amazon in New Zealand?

I personally don't want to send money through the post as I have had money stolen from cards in the mail here, so not taking the risk.

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Mel
I use this place for buying DVDs and haven't had any problems with them.

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/

Like you, I've had money that I've sent overseas (to Oz) stolen from cards so get bank drafts instead.

NZ doesn't have Amazon.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:34 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On-line Christmas Presents help!

Actually I am pretty sure that you can buy from Amazon and deliver to NZ for some things. Probably not worth it though. Especially at this time of the year.

The NZ alternative to Amazon, however, would be Ferrit (and had originally posted the link) but i realised it only accepts NZ issued visa and mastercards. Grrrrr.

You know what though, thinking about it, there is no reason you couldn't check the stores page directly from Ferrit, even tho ferrit itself doesn't allow the transaction.

www.ferrit.co.nz

Last edited by Kiwiprincess; Nov 29th 2007 at 10:36 pm. Reason: missed a key point about the credit card