Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Limbo-Land, next door to Loolahville

Limbo-Land, next door to Loolahville

Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:06 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Limbo-Land, next door to Loolahville

Hi all,

Having wasted time and energy on irrelevant threads and posts as my life is empty - now have a serious one for you all to contribute to!

Our situation, is in theory, straightforward.

For those of you who don't know me ... (I'm a Fairy) ... my hubby's a Kiwi and we are "going home."

This is not as easy as most think. I've still had to go down the cost of medicals and submitting reams of paperwork for Permanent Residency, but basically hubster sponsors me and off we trot.

The kids have applications in for Citizenship by descent and NZ passports.

we had to give a term's notice for the 2 eldest in September, which obviously means they have no school to go back to after Christmas. We'd hoped to be going around 22nd January.

But then we found out from NZIS that we have to wait 8 weeks to be assigned a Case Officer (Monday 27th Nov) and then it can still take 2-4 months. This we hadn't allowed for.

Now that paperwork is all in and they have my passport we're a little stuck.

Should I phone them next week and explain about the kid's school or will they just tell me to bog off as that's my problem not theirs?

Should I tell them we have family offering us employment over there and want us to start February?

Should we book flights on the assumption we'll be "good to go" by then anyway? (Actually don't answer that one, even I'm not that stupid!)

Usually I don't sweat or stress about stuff I can't control, but I am worried about the schooling situation, and I want to go NOW!!!!

Thanking you - Frustrated.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Limbo-Land, next door to Loolahville

OK fairy-woman,with wings for transport. Now you've got me panicking!
We the same-just sent everything off,was hoping to fly with you-but now this thread has panicked my rather shapely bum off. Haven't answered but am standing next to you on the yard nodding my head in appreciation of your question!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by danny.f
We the same-just sent everything off,was hoping to fly with you-but now this thread has panicked my rather shapely bum off. Haven't answered but am standing next to you on the yard nodding my head in appreciation of your question!
Well, when I saw you'd booked all flights after your bung for the medicals worked, I was thinking blimey, they're sorted!! Although in fairness, it is a quicker process when you have job offers.

Most people think we can just go coz of hubby, but that's not the case, and am now feeling bit miffed as plans look like being scuppered with regards to the school thing!

My, (oh so in tune with reality,) mother suggested asking the school if we could pay on a daily basis after Christmas - coz that's going to be acceptable - NOT!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, when I saw you'd booked all flights after your bung for the medicals worked, I was thinking blimey, they're sorted!! Although in fairness, it is a quicker process when you have job offers.

Most people think we can just go coz of hubby, but that's not the case, and am now feeling bit miffed as plans look like being scuppered with regards to the school thing!

My, (oh so in tune with reality,) mother suggested asking the school if we could pay on a daily basis after Christmas - coz that's going to be acceptable - NOT!!!!

OK, don't shout,but we have a case officer already,and that was before we submitted our ITA. We do have job offers,and did use an agency though.
Sorry love,not cracking a laugh for once-hope they hurry up for you!
Where you going by the way?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:31 pm

OK, don't shout,but we have a case officer already,and that was before we submitted our ITA. We do have job offers,and did use an agency though.
Sorry love,not cracking a laugh for once-hope they hurry up for you!
Where you going by the way?
We had no idea after our 3 week hols, but got home and decided wanted beach, sub-tropical and up and coming area, so pin pointed the Bay of Plenty - although didn't like Tauranga, but sooo liked Mount Manganui (which we can't afford!!)

We'll go for there because we have to pick somewhere and take it from there!

Hubby has family just outside Auckland and mainly just North of Welly! You never know!!! May just shadow you - purely to annoy of course!!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had no idea after our 3 week hols, but got home and decided wanted beach, sub-tropical and up and coming area, so pin pointed the Bay of Plenty - although didn't like Tauranga, but sooo liked Mount Manganui (which we can't afford!!)

We'll go for there because we have to pick somewhere and take it from there!

Hubby has family just outside Auckland and mainly just North of Welly! You never know!!! May just shadow you - purely to annoy of course!!
Annoy away-we'd have such a laugh! The more in Welly,the better! Gotta go to bed-she wants a laugh so I'm going to strip in a mo. Take care,the blooming lot of you. I love you all so merrily,so here goes. :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:38 pm

Annoy away-we'd have such a laugh! The more in Welly,the better! Gotta go to bed-she wants a laugh so I'm going to strip in a mo. Take care,the blooming lot of you. I love you all so merrily,so here goes. :scared:
Dear God - did Donna buy you a pole dancing kit to celebrate passing your medical? No need to trash the floors/ceilings just because your Landlord sold from under you!!!

You take care and let me know how your time frame pans out. X
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dear God - did Donna buy you a pole dancing kit to celebrate passing your medical? No need to trash the floors/ceilings just because your Landlord sold from under you!!!

You take care and let me know how your time frame pans out. X

Listen (or read,sorry), I'll pm you tomorrow after I've recovered from my marathon 126 second sweatfest,brushing my teeth! Dunno what you were thinking!
We'll go through it together. Take care yourself,Lools.x
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:28 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

we're a bit limboed too as the eldest needs to start school on 5 Feb (beginning of term) and Mrs L starts her job on 30 Jan. But our meds aren't until next Thursday. We have no flights no accomodation and no idea when we are going to be able to progress all of that. We want to flay 2nd or 3rd Jan, take the rest of the month to find a car/rental and have a 10 day holiday. Thinks that is doable but need to get the other stuff sorted sharpish!!!!
We'll all muddle through I suppose - if you have job offers and good point scores then this all helps - not sure whether the fairy one can push her application on faster??
Good luck to us all - I'm off to bed as will be seeing the Osteopath later this morning!!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Limbo-Land, next door to Loolahville

Hi Am Loolah - Planty's OH here. We had a few horrendous months before (and after!) our visas were granted, and we also had issues with the children going to school. As far as school goes, I'm sure that if you approach the Headteacher and explain the situation, they'll be sympathetic (and will be only too happy to take more fees! ). Our children were not at a fee paying school, but the school administrator was keen to know when we were off as she had other families who wanted places at school! We kept the school informed on a week-to-week basis (although, just like you, the whole world seemed to know what we were doing before we did!!).

It's the not knowing when everything is going to be completed that is the killer, but I'm sure that it will all come good in the end.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

UGH! I hate being in limbo! I have no words of wisdom for you, Fairy Lady, but hope it all gets sorted out very soon.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
UGH! I hate being in limbo! I have no words of wisdom for you, Fairy Lady, but hope it all gets sorted out very soon.
**I use Limboland as my location
As my house move was meant to be today and got cancelled because evil buyers buyer wanted to reduce his asking price by £100000 on day of exchange. (broke the chain )
...we are all packed up and ready to move... the rental is still there, just, but expect agents will force us to withdraw from that property any day now.....

limboland...to be honest my heart hasn't been in uk for 4 yrs...I've been in waiting mode- waiting for penny to drop in hubbys brain that I don't want to live here!
I have a job and can kill another 6 months in uk but...roll on visa...roll on reccie...roll on life downunder
loolah....go and talk to the head/admin officer they should be understanding.
Helen
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't offer any help but just wanted to say how frustrated I am for you & wish you a speedy resolution. Will send you some karma
Annie
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
Can't offer any help but just wanted to say how frustrated I am for you & wish you a speedy resolution. Will send you some karma
Annie
Just noticed that that was my 10th post - don't feel such a virgin now
Old Nov 21st 2006, 4:55 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you thought it was safe!!!.....

No I didn't go without you!!! Kev's been back 5 days and still no job offer, altho if you count the weekend it's been only 3 days.
Like everyone else I am deeply frustrated with waiting for someone else to make a decision.

House is on the market ( and the estate agent looks like he's rubbing his hands in glee cos neighbours house, which is the same price as ours is a dump with chocolate brown walls!!) :scared:

Police checks have gone and shpould be back soon (please god)

Spoke to the local panel doctor, can fit us in with a weeks notice.

EOI filled in

Chosen Removal Co. (PSS)

JUST WANT A BLOODY JOB PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

And to be honest with you the waiting is making me feel sick. trying to take a large gulp of my can do every day but sh*t scared that it's not gonna happen and don't even want to think about that one.

So now I've depressed you lot as much as me, I'm off to cook dinner!!! Back later......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.