life in Papamoa

Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:03 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default life in Papamoa

We moved over from Doncaster on new years day we have settled in well having bought a house in Papamoa. We frequent the navi bar and I have been on a golf day with them to Te puke. There are 4 of us Myself Tony Pauline my wife and 2 grownup sons david and james. we are interested in meeting any brits inthe mount papamoa or tauranga areas. Pauline has jioned the local cub pack as as leader, my boss is the group scout leader!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice
Default Re: life in Papamoa

Originally Posted by howden40
We moved over from Doncaster on new years day we have settled in well having bought a house in Papamoa. We frequent the navi bar and I have been on a golf day with them to Te puke. There are 4 of us Myself Tony Pauline my wife and 2 grownup sons david and james. we are interested in meeting any brits inthe mount papamoa or tauranga areas. Pauline has jioned the local cub pack as as leader, my boss is the group scout leader!
Hi we are still back in England but hoping to come over your way in about 12 months, so interested to hear what its like. We have a 14 yr old daughter and 17 yr old son. Do your boys go to school/college? Whats it like?

My hubby is a builder and I am a yoga teacher so also keen to know about work opportunities.

Glad you have settled well.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to the butchers in Parton road. Doug Jarvis Family Butcher. They are English. Its my daughter and son in law. Go and introduce yourselves to Doug tell him June sent you. Gail my daughter and grandson Ryan are here at the moment on a 2 week holiday so you will have to meet her when she gets back.

www.mysausages.com

June
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:18 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lindsay loo
Hi we are still back in England but hoping to come over your way in about 12 months, so interested to hear what its like. We have a 14 yr old daughter and 17 yr old son. Do your boys go to school/college? Whats it like?

My hubby is a builder and I am a yoga teacher so also keen to know about work opportunities.

Hi Lindsay Loo thanks for your reply life out here is good however things are changing. The Mount area is one of the most expensive in N.Z. we rented an apartment in downtown Mt maunganui for $350 a week plus the usual elec and water, this is roughly 50% of my weekly take home pay. Coming over at new Year is not the best time price wise as rentals are high then due to all the holiday makers. A 3 bedroom house can be $600 to $1000 per week. papamoa is a little lower. Dairy products are expensive i was quite shocked at the prices in the supermarkets.
Tea is ready must finish now
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:20 am
lionheart

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Have you been to the butchers in Parton road. Doug Jarvis Family Butcher. They are English. Its my daughter and son in law. Go and introduce yourselves to Doug tell him June sent you. Gail my daughter and grandson Ryan are here at the moment on a 2 week holiday so you will have to meet her when she gets back.

www.mysausages.com

June
Thanks Margaret have actually heard about Doug just haven't had time to try him yet. getting into the swing of things down at the nav bar

Tony
Old May 1st 2008, 9:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tony,

There are quite a few of us around who meet up as and when and have been known to partake in an alcoholic beverage or two, or three, or four ... you get the picture!

Glad you like Papamoa it's been a pretty decent first Summer hasn't it?

I know of people who have been to the Navigator, but must admit I haven't yet. Seem to make it as far as Rain or frequent downtown Mount.

I work down the Mount so probably pass you in the street without knowing it, I can often be found loitering outside Latitude 37 or Bay Sushi!

We'll give you a shout when there's next a meet up.
Old May 1st 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Hi guys

We've just arrived in the area and keen to meet new people too. So anytime a meet up is arranged, count us in.

Currently staying in Maungatapu but moving to Papamoa on 18th May.

OH is a keen golfer sadly the clubs are still in storage in UK..we hope...last seen when the packers collected them last month...
Old May 1st 2008, 6:41 pm
lionheart

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Tony,

There are quite a few of us around who meet up as and when and have been known to partake in an alcoholic beverage or two, or three, or four ... you get the picture!

Glad you like Papamoa it's been a pretty decent first Summer hasn't it?

I know of people who have been to the Navigator, but must admit I haven't yet. Seem to make it as far as Rain or frequent downtown Mount.

I work down the Mount so probably pass you in the street without knowing it, I can often be found loitering outside Latitude 37 or Bay Sushi!

We'll give you a shout when there's next a meet up.
Thanks I work on girven road. used to frequent the mt mellick a lot as we lived across the road. The navigator is a bit of a barn if iam honest but at least it is close ish!
Tony
Old May 1st 2008, 6:46 pm
lionheart

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Hi guys

We've just arrived in the area and keen to meet new people too. So anytime a meet up is arranged, count us in.

OH is a keen golfer sadly the clubs are still in storage in UK..we hope...last seen when the packers collected them last month...
Hi Elsie
glad to hear OH plays golf I have just joined Omanu and everyone seems very frienldy also the navigator bar is getting a very informal golf society together, we've just had a day at Te Puke

Regards
Tony
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:49 pm

Hi Elsie
glad to hear OH plays golf I have just joined Omanu and everyone seems very frienldy also the navigator bar is getting a very informal golf society together, we've just had a day at Te Puke

Regards
Tony
Hubster is a very frequent member/player at the Mount golf club as is daughter number 2. Wednesdays is blokes day down there - which normally I'd consider quite rude, however, because it's golf I don't!! If you fancy a game give us a shout?
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:39 pm
lionheart

[QUOTE=Am Loolah;6298803]Hubster is a very frequent member/player at the Mount golf club as is daughter number 2. Wednesdays is blokes day down there - which normally I'd consider quite rude, however, because it's golf I don't!! If you fancy a game give us a shout?[/QUOTe

Hi AmLoolah
That would be good can play weekends as I work all week i am very out of practice so am not playing 2 my handicap
Tony
Old May 6th 2008, 11:50 am
lionheart

Smile Re: life in Papamoa

Originally Posted by lindsay loo

I (the wife) feel it's a great way of life, food prices are a bit of a shock but you soon get over it. Depending on the type of builder your husband is will depend on his income, if he can build, modernise or generally work on houses he has an open cheque book.

Yoga, yep probably OK, kiwi's into fitness. If the kids go to school it's easier as they will meet kids their own age. The problem of making friends arises when the kids don't go to school as school is a natural way for kids and parents to make friends. Have not heard anything bad about the schools in Papamoa from expats who live in this area. I don't regret moving to Papamoa - close to the beach, amenities and quiet oh so quiet if you want it to be.

If you do move, feel free to contact us. A friendly face can make all the difference when you first move. You don't say if you already have 'contacts in NZ', if you don't were happy to fill the position. [email protected]
Old May 6th 2008, 11:59 am
lionheart

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Hi guys

We have a spare set of (sit OH down before you say this) PING G2 golf clubs we can lend for the price of a beer at the end of the game, clubs must be returned before reaching 19th hole, they have been counted by the owner (my son).

OH ring me for a game, (07) 542 0318 - Tony

PS we live in Papamoa
Old May 7th 2008, 6:47 am

We have a spare set of (sit OH down before you say this) PING G2 golf clubs we can lend for the price of a beer at the end of the game, clubs must be returned before reaching 19th hole, they have been counted by the owner (my son).

OH ring me for a game, (07) 542 0318 - Tony

PS we live in Papamoa
Sorry Tony,

Hubby only allowed to play mid-week as weekends are for "family" time ... But we'll be due a drinkathon, I mean meet up, before too long.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

I am just wondering if those of you living in Papamoa, are aware/ recall the severe rain storm which occurred in the area in May 3-4 years ago ? Many streets in Papamoa were severely flooded. Papamoa itself is below sea level. Just something to consider if you are planning on living there.

Other parts of Tauranga were badly affected also. The good news is is that it has been called " a one in a hundred year storm."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.