Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Life insurance doing me noodle!!! Please help!

Life insurance doing me noodle!!! Please help!

Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default Re: Life insurance doing me noodle!!! Please help!

We've had our life insurance with AMP for the last 6 plus years. I've had quotes from other companies over the years to check we're not being over charged, and AMP have always come up cheaper so maybe check them out when yr ringing around !
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:03 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Have been told I can't insure Lauren as she's under 16.
This made me think...what about critical illness (either us or the kids god forbid!!!!!!!)?

Tan
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:16 am

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

We're with AXA and pay the following:

$320,000 life cover - premium $764 per annum
$200,000 life cover - premium $384 per annum

Both of us non-smokers and over 45 - him more over 45 than me!!!

Each year the premiums rise to cover 'cost of living adjustment' or whatever the proper term is, usually somewhere between $40-$80 per annum (it seems to vary).

The payout is made on death or if diagnosed with a terminal illness.

I wonder if the higher insurance premiums mentioned are for a different type of insurance that also includes repayment of monthly mortgage instalments should you be unable to meet the payment due to illness or redundancy etc. Might pay to check your comparing 'apples with apples'.