Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A levels and uni in NZ

A levels and uni in NZ

Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Bryars2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A levels and uni in NZ

We are looking at emigrating to NZ within the next few years after our daughter,Chloe, has finished her A levels.She will then be hoping to go on to university to continue her education but in NZ.
The questions we really need to ask are will her A level qualifications from the Uk be acceptable for her to apply for a place at university in NZ and how would we go about applying??????
Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated .....
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A levels and uni in NZ

Not sure...but this is the organisation that assesses international qualifications so it could be worth a troll through their website. Also try the websites of universities or email them http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ualifications/

I do know you need to have PR or you will be stung by international fees which are astronomical. They have also just changed the rules to student loans and you need to have lived here for 2 years before you can apply for a loan.

I'm sure someone else will be able to help further
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

yes, A levels are treated as a special case but along with IB they are perfectly acceptable. Perhaps ask the Universities of interest before the A-levels commence to make sure the subjects are what they want?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Bryars2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.....thank you so much for all of your advise...everything seems a minefield at the mo but I know that everyone will have gone through the same!! hope you don't mind all of the questions that we may be asking......but I'm sure that someone may have exprienced the same at some point
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

mancaucks has a spectacular aura aboutmancaucks has a spectacular aura aboutmancaucks has a spectacular aura about

She will have no problem! University will accept them as equal even if they are slightly "special case". I cant see any reason why they would restrict what she can do. Worst case scenario is she will have to do a bridge course if the the subject is specialty i would imagine.
I went to university last year under loophole of when you turn 20 you can go regardless of qualifications. As i only have my GSCEs.