letter boxes

Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: letter boxes

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Our letter box is useless, enclosed at the front, totally open at the back, consequently if the wind and rain is at a certain angle everything gets soggy - the amount of post and flyers etc which have become paper-mache I have lost count. At least a company from which I ordered a book from recently had the sense to put it in a sealed plastic bag inside the large brown envelope before posting, as the envelope had all but disintegrated by the time I retrieved it.
Have you tried fitting a door to the back of the box?
Old Jul 13th 2013, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Its a metal box and unfortunately its not ours as we are currently in a rental - a good point though!!!
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

chez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nicechez7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Just in case you think I am kidding, I had no idea until we were threatened with having our mail withheld:

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/home/receivi...specifications
we had our mail withheld and never knew why ,upon enquires we were told the mail box was on the wrong side of the driveway ,funny just happened after 4 yrs of mail delivery when the house next door was being built the postie said it was a health and safety issue for her ,more like she was so fat she couldnt get close enough to the box and blamed the fact that the house next door was impeding her .I moved it to the other side but made sure she had to turn her bike round to nget to it lol.NZ post is crap and needs sorting out
Old Aug 18th 2013, 10:51 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

My Postie is great. (I'm rural - and rural posties seem to be a different breed.)

I made my post box out of wood, after getting the 'regs' from the NZ Post site, so it resembles the house (très twee!!) I placed it far enough away from the gate, on a post, that he has room to drive around the back of the post box, open the door, and put DVD sized parcels inside, then close the door, without exiting the car, if it's pouring with rain. As the post box is constructed like a miniature house, it has 'overhangs' on the roof, covering the door at the back and the slot at the front - so dry post... If the parcel(s) are too big to go in the post box, he opens the gate, and drives up to the house and knocks on the door.

I also have a PO Box in the local town / village. That's where all the 'important' stuff goes - bank statement, legal documents, and so on. I also cut addresses out of parcel wrappings and burn them. (I'm kinda paranoid about identity theft...)
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:09 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: letter boxes

Originally Posted by downunderpom
without exiting the car
I was at a bank the other day and a very obese lady was moaning about them not having a drive-thru .
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:39 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

When we had our fence replaced in December of last year I purchased a mail box from Mitre 10. I had the builder fit it into the fence in the same position as the old mailbox.

I've nicknamed our mail box, 'the chicken coop' 'cause that's what it reminds me of !