Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Let me get my child out of this country!!!

Let me get my child out of this country!!!

Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:18 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let me get my child out of this country!!!

Originally Posted by Grayling

The wife is from Mansfield.

G
Thats where we are now. Berry Hill.

PS Come on you reds
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Thats where we are now. Berry Hill.

PS Come on you reds

Memories.

I worked at King's mill years ago.

G
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:25 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Memories.

I worked at King's mill years ago.

G
It aint the same place mate

We moved up here 7 years ago and the changes
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

RE the deleted post.....I started a post on the middle east forum about moving to Dubai.... it was called moving to the middle east -husband a pilot. Some of the regular posters there got a little frisky - they are a lively lot - and it was taken off (due to some comments about another forum that some of them use. It was NOT deleted becasue of anything I said. I suggest you get your facts straight, it was taken off because of the mentioning of forum monitors on this other forum site )
Shall I have them confirm this???

Also if you read some of my posts - actually read them rather than skim them over you will see that I have not only had 34 posts that I have actually been posting on this site for a few years, but lost my user name and login details due to not having access to the NZ email address I used to register it the first place.

Also if you read it over again, I state quite clearly often that i think NZ is a great place. That i will prob return to live there one day. The only points I make are to people then they openly expect something from NZ That does not exist. For example 'parking and traffic in Edinburgh' I replied that there is actually traffic and parking problems in NZ too. Anyone using the crime/traffic/weather/schooling etc as a reason to move from the UK to NZ is going to be disapointed.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
If you read my post again you will see that I said "where I lived back in UK". I moved in with my partner a few years ago and I didnt like where he lived but didnt have much choice about it. I've never generalised, I was most specific in saying "where I lived" (Not you or anyone else). Your reply is most odd, I never said anything about being stabbed or stolen from... where did that come from? I have never said "all the UK is bad"... I have no idea where you got that from. I normally avoid disagreements on here and wont post a reply but your reply was strange so I have replied to it.

yes you are quite right sorry..... you did say 'where I lived'. I cannot read, its the bad education I got in the UK..... I also didnt say that YOU said anything about being stabbed etc.... however it is often mentioned on this forum that the UK is the pits, people stealing, stabbing (this actual thread is about stealing) etc etc

sorry, did not mean to ruffle your feathers..... its just that it does get a bit boring hearing about how bad the UK is all the time. I just wish that folk could enter into the whole spirit of moving to NZ with open eyes, taking a place for the good and the bad. There is bad EVERYWHERE. I don't think that any country is 100% perfect. Including Scotland.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
yes you are quite right sorry..... you did say 'where I lived'. I cannot read, its the bad education I got in the UK..... I also didnt say that YOU said anything about being stabbed etc.... however it is often mentioned on this forum that the UK is the pits, people stealing, stabbing (this actual thread is about stealing) etc etc

sorry, did not mean to ruffle your feathers..... its just that it does get a bit boring hearing about how bad the UK is all the time. I just wish that folk could enter into the whole spirit of moving to NZ with open eyes, taking a place for the good and the bad. There is bad EVERYWHERE. I don't think that any country is 100% perfect. Including Scotland.
No probs.. .. I dont think NZ is perfect by any means.... read my posts when I first got here, I hated Auckland so much!! I like where we live now as theres a nice community feeling and we've made friends. I love seeing the sea everyday too... such a novelty for me.

I'd love Scotland too... its looks so beautiful. Only thing it might be a bit too cold for me... I have metal in my leg and even where we lived in Peterborough it got too cold and I ended up limping. When my dad was here he said around this area reminded him of the lowlands of Scotland.

I just warmed babys bottle up and didnt put the lid on it properly, then gave it a hefty shake in the kitchen ... doh!! Yes I'm blonde!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:52 am
Banned

RE the deleted post.....I started a post on the middle east forum about moving to Dubai.... it was called moving to the middle east -husband a pilot. Some of the regular posters there got a little frisky - they are a lively lot - and it was taken off (due to some comments about another forum that some of them use. It was NOT deleted becasue of anything I said. I suggest you get your facts straight, it was taken off because of the mentioning of forum monitors on this other forum site )
Shall I have them confirm this???
Nah. I believe you

Also if you read some of my posts - actually read them rather than skim them over you will see that I have not only had 34 posts that I have actually been posting on this site for a few years, but lost my user name and login details due to not having access to the NZ email address I used to register it the first place.
Are the rest of your previous posts in the same tone?

Or have I missed some genial, rib tickling, optomistic banter from you?

Also if you read it over again, I state quite clearly often that i think NZ is a great place. That i will prob return to live there one day. The only points I make are to people then they openly expect something from NZ That does not exist. For example 'parking and traffic in Edinburgh' I replied that there is actually traffic and parking problems in NZ too. Anyone using the crime/traffic/weather/schooling etc as a reason to move from the UK to NZ is going to be disapointed.
Surely that is down to their personal experiences of said things?

If you compared parking/crime/weather/schooling in say Tauranga for example to where I live, then trust me they are going to be much milder/better.

PS I do think everyone needs to open their eyes and realise NZ isnt perfect. Just maybe you could think of a more genial way of putting across your points
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

No probs.. .. I dont think NZ is perfect by any means.... read my posts when I first got here, I hated Auckland so much!! I like where we live now as theres a nice community feeling and we've made friends. I love seeing the sea everyday too... such a novelty for me.

I'd love Scotland too... its looks so beautiful. Only thing it might be a bit too cold for me... I have metal in my leg and even where we lived in Peterborough it got too cold and I ended up limping. When my dad was here he said around this area reminded him of the lowlands of Scotland.

I just warmed babys bottle up and didnt put the lid on it properly, then gave it a hefty shake in the kitchen ... doh!! Yes I'm blonde!
How old is your baby? very cute. my dd is 18 months.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

yes it is very cold in Scotland in winter. Summers are lovely as it doesnt get fully dark and i love that. most of last summer we were still sitting outside at 11pm a night, was lovely. But it is soooo cold over winter.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

How old is your baby? very cute. my dd is 18 months.
Shes 11 weeks today. Shes a good baby and sleeps 9 or 10 hours straight through every night.... has done since 8 weeks old. Shes just going through a period of separation anxiety at the moment but apart from that shes great. My best mate here gave birth this morning.... 3 weeks early... and baby weighs under 5lb. I loved that age, 18 months, its great.... but very tiring... they are so into everything.... opps probably should talk in the bar rather than here..
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

wow you are lucky you have such a good sleeper! Mine is a good sleeper now. 13 hours at night ! YAY! I love the 18 month stage. so much fun. Cheeky monkey she is!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nah. I believe you

Are the rest of your previous posts in the same tone?

Or have I missed some genial, rib tickling, optomistic banter from you?

Surely that is down to their personal experiences of said things?

If you compared parking/crime/weather/schooling in say Tauranga for example to where I live, then trust me they are going to be much milder/better.

PS I do think everyone needs to open their eyes and realise NZ isnt perfect. Just maybe you could think of a more genial way of putting across your points

OK Jack the lad, I will promise to put things in a nicer way. I bow to you oh great teacher, ruler of the forum and all things good. Smack smack and smack again..... I am duly punished.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

OK Jack the lad, I will promise to put things in a nicer way. I bow to you oh great teacher, ruler of the forum and all things good. Smack smack and smack again..... I am duly punished.
I know this UK bashing is sometimes unfair, but we all have personal experiences.
I live in a relatively small village. Everyone knows each other and its pretty quiet. That is until recently.
My poor neighbours faces last night when they realised that some little thug had tagged the length of their front door. Permanant marker as well.
I had a convo with the OH last night and asked the question, is it us getting old (34, 35) or are the kids getting worse. I genuinely think it is the latter.

Nici
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:42 pm
Banned

Carry on by all means the way you are.

Making new friends and helping people who need it are what the Forums are about I believe.

You appear to go out of your way to antagonise and patronise every poster who doesnt agree with your thoughts. So I stand corrected by my earlier post. Its should have read:

So far since you have been back you have done 34 posts and pretty much all of them have been negative, aggressive or just straight anti NZ
Lots of love

Jack
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carry on by all means the way you are.

Making new friends and helping people who need it are what the Forums are about I believe.

You appear to go out of your way to antagonise and patronise every poster who doesnt agree with your thoughts. So I stand corrected by my earlier post. Its should have read:

Lots of love

Jack
Ok - enough -now you are the one that is being antagonistic and patronising. I lightened up my thread, have been having fun this afternoon with some light hearted banter -did not antagonise anyone so I dont need this Attack... OK?

If I annoy you so much, just ignore me. Easy enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.