Lessons In Rugby

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:37 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lessons In Rugby

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It certainly is and tell him i may well have a spare ticket to all the AB's games except the final!
Rugby is surprisingly easy.

There are 2 sets of rules and if you ask some one is posh, the other rich, if however you ask the people who play grass roots rugby there is bugger all difference in social standing!

The All Blacks are the kiwi team in Union, while the Kiwis are the League team. Both are rugby but league basically formed so that the working classes could still play but wouldn't get hurt, it is a lot faster but theoretically less physical!
I have a best friend in Danevirke and she takes both her boys to the Hawkes Bay matches and they adore it!

Find out your OH's team and that will form a basis for support, supposedly!
Sadly Hubby supports Aston Villa, which gets short shrift, as I'm a Gooner, Son supports Liverpool - despite being named Aston, and me & the kids go jingoistic (sp) when England play!! Hubby takes obscene delight in England losing the footie, until I cry in public bars, and then he comforts me and pretends to care!

As far as simple with the rugby thing, so long as they have good looks and big thighs I'm with SarahB, will nod along with the technicalities.

The difference between Union and League I've not grasped?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Sadly Hubby supports Aston Villa, which gets short shrift, as I'm a Gooner, Son supports Liverpool - despite being named Aston, and me & the kids go jingoistic (sp) when England play!! Hubby takes obscene delight in England losing the footie, until I cry in public bars, and then he comforts me and pretends to care!

As far as simple with the rugby thing, so long as they have good looks and big thighs I'm with SarahB, will nod along with the technicalities.

The difference between Union and League I've not grasped?

A couple of years ago the All Blacks "b" team came and played England. I watched the game with 6 Kiwis in an England supporters bar. The AB's lost, we were all so beside ourselves that we felt the only thing we could do was to kick all the tables over and threaten to punch anyone who cheered! I cried into my pint all night. It still hurts if they lose, and my OH NEVER watches a game with me anymore!
So believe me, i know about being a sad bastard fan. I am one!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:44 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, if your going to be easily persuaded into supporting a team then may i suggest The Hurricanes.

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:55 pm

By the way, if your going to be easily persuaded into supporting a team then may i suggest The Hurricanes.

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/

Thanks for that ... but no.

If have to follow rugby, because they (NZ) can't play football, will go with the All Blacks. More of a chance of winning!! Hey, what do I know? Am girl ... Am Fairy!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:58 pm
Straw Man.

Thanks for that ... but no.

If have to follow rugby, because they (NZ) can't play football, will go with the All Blacks. More of a chance of winning!! Hey, what do I know? Am girl ... Am Fairy!!!

The All Blacks are the national team while the Hurricanes are a provincial team. Kinda like being a Gunner but still supporting England in football!

PS Go on Chelsea!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:00 am

The All Blacks are the national team while the Hurricanes are a provincial team. Kinda like being a Gunner but still supporting England in football!

Yay, Can do both!!! Whoop, Whoop!!! Go kiwi, Hurricanes, All Black thingies!!! Woo, Woo!!

PS Go on Chelsea!
Yay, Can do both!!! Whoop, Whoop!!! Go kiwi, Hurricanes, All Black thingies!!! Woo, Woo!!

Oh Dear? Poor you? Take a pill and have a lie down!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:03 am
Straw Man.

Oh Dear? Poor you? Take a pill and have a lie down!

champions
Attached Thumbnails Lessons In Rugby-champions.jpg  
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

PS Go on Chelsea!
yep, over the edge and into .... who knows, preferably something brown, stinky and rather deep....

....Chelsea Shed......
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:08 am

champions
Bless! were you one of the Blue Army that used to pay me £50 a match to park outside my house in Fulham to attend a match?!

Fair do's .... class team of foreigners, much like Villa. Used to enjoy walking to Stamford Bridge!!

Back to Rugby? How easy to get tickets for an AB's match in NZ? Any idea?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:11 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Bless! were you one of the Blue Army that used to pay me £50 a match to park outside my house in Fulham to attend a match?!
hey hey, used to live just off Fulham Road --- erm about 20 years ago!!!
come on ye Saddlers........ ....top of Div Two (that is the old Fourth Division).....
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:12 am
Straw Man.

Fair do's .... class team of foreigners, much like Villa. Used to enjoy walking to Stamford Bridge!!

These guys are an endorsed company,

http://www.capitalevents.co.nz/international_rugby.php

Or try the All Blacks web site

http://www.allblacks.com/

Tickets go quick.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:15 am
Straw Man.

Didnt Arsenal break the record a couple of years ago by fielding the first totally non native team in football history?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:15 am

These guys are an endorsed company,

http://www.capitalevents.co.nz/international_rugby.php

Or try the All Blacks web site

http://www.allblacks.com/

Tickets go quick.
Thank you, those are useful sites, will try & sort for his nibs & the kids! I shall no doubt mainly be washing hair and having manicure that nite!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
hey hey, used to live just off Fulham Road --- erm about 20 years ago!!!
come on ye Saddlers........ ....top of Div Two (that is the old Fourth Division).....

Where off the Fulham Rd?

The Saddlers being?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:17 am

Didnt Arsenal break the record a couple of years ago by fielding the first totally non native team in football history?
That was West Ham? Come on ... am a Girl, what more do you want to challenge me with? Give it up with the off side rule!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.