Lessons In Rugby

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lessons In Rugby

I want to like rugby, but have no idea how it works. Am huuuuuge footie fan (Arsenal and sadly Engerland - always back a loser, that's me!)

Saw a bit of the Kiwis playing Oz today on the TV and all I understood was, Kiwis are way better looking than the Ozzies. Much more attractive kit. Black flatters everyone, that's why it's the colour of choice at funerals. A try scord 4? A kick scored 2? They are quite well built men. The grass was green.

Difference between the Kiwis and the All Blacks please.

The David Beckhams/Wayne Rooneys of the All Blacks?

Is it just a case of the stronger man wins? Is it just a free for all romp in the mud?

Not intending to offend anyone, just trying to get up on it before we get there. If you are offended, please don't reply. Coz I apologise in advance.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:30 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lessons In Rugby

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I want to like rugby, but have no idea how it works. Am huuuuuge footie fan (Arsenal and sadly Engerland - always back a loser, that's me!)

Saw a bit of the Kiwis playing Oz today on the TV and all I understood was, Kiwis are way better looking than the Ozzies. Much more attractive kit. Black flatters everyone, that's why it's the colour of choice at funerals. A try scord 4? A kick scored 2? They are quite well built men. The grass was green.

Difference between the Kiwis and the All Blacks please.

The David Beckhams/Wayne Rooneys of the All Blacks?

Is it just a case of the stronger man wins? Is it just a free for all romp in the mud?

Not intending to offend anyone, just trying to get up on it before we get there. If you are offended, please don't reply. Coz I apologise in advance.

Liking you already

Kiwi
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by thebears
Liking you already

Kiwi
And is there a Haka nite school I can attend to get in with the in crowd? Or would it be a social faux pax for me to try to join in in some random bar? Just me? All alone? Not spilling a drop of my chardonnay? (Would say cigarette aloft, but know that's not allowed?!) Hubby half Maori Kiwiesque blokey, so surely get a pass of some kind?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

When do you leave?

The All Blacks are on their way over to Europe next month to play England, Wales and France. You will be watching the 15 man game-Union, as opposed to what you mentioned io your post which i feel was the 13 man game league.

catch it on tv and you may get the rudements, but you pretty much nailed it in your OP.
I took Vicki to her first ever game of rugby here. Fortunately for her it was the AB's vs the Aussies- not too shabby an intro!
She got really into it, asked heaps of questions and really got into the atmosphere. Just go along to any park on a saturday afternoon, you'll soon pick it up-or just watch 30 ( or 26 ) guys run around and knock seven bells out of each other for 80 mins.

Dont feel you HAVE to get into it. There are kiwis here that can't stand rugby.

Lee
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:45 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

And is there a Haka nite school I can attend to get in with the in crowd? Or would it be a social faux pax for me to try to join in in some random bar? Just me? All alone? Not spilling a drop of my chardonnay? (Would say cigarette aloft, but know that's not allowed?!) Hubby half Maori Kiwiesque blokey, so surely get a pass of some kind?
Sounds like you will fit in well at my home town of Mount Maunganui.

Warning the kids will be based at the bottom of the mount all summer
fishing, the hot pools, climbing the mount, the surf. Oh how I miss home
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:46 pm
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by Joshlin

Lee
There called Australians
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Joshlin
When do you leave?

The All Blacks are on their way over to Europe next month to play England, Wales and France. You will be watching the 15 man game-Union, as opposed to what you mentioned io your post which i feel was the 13 man game league.

catch it on tv and you may get the rudements, but you pretty much nailed it in your OP.
I took Vicki to her first ever game of rugby here. Fortunately for her it was the AB's vs the Aussies- not too shabby an intro!
She got really into it, asked heaps of questions and really got into the atmosphere. Just go along to any park on a saturday afternoon, you'll soon pick it up-or just watch 30 ( or 26 ) guys run around and knock seven bells out of each other for 80 mins.

Lee
Is the world cup in France next year? Not me asking, tis Hubster!! Part time, long time left Kiwi!! His Uncles mentioned something about France and appears to know a bit about it! I'm too proud to ask him!
So, are the All Blacks playing in England next month? If so where? Coz, being the desperate kiwis-2-B that me and the kids are, we have the kit to wear, just look abit strange wearing it round the house/school PE (the kids, not me) and still none the wiser. How can one game, with the same name, have different rules/number of players? Tis soooo complicated.

But at least they can take a knock (out if your an Ozzie) and still not dive/cry/be stretchered off? Appears more manly than our footie - if not alot more complicated.

And can you buy an Alsation burger at the ground?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:53 pm

Sounds like you will fit in well at my home town of Mount Maunganui.

Warning the kids will be based at the bottom of the mount all summer
fishing, the hot pools, climbing the mount, the surf. Oh how I miss home
Oh My God!!! Twas my fave holiday hotspot!!!

And soooo am moving there - if get enought $ to the £!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:09 pm

There called Australians

That's not very nice ... bloody amusing tho!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Is the world cup in France next year? Not me asking, tis Hubster!! Part time, long time left Kiwi!! His Uncles mentioned something about France and appears to know a bit about it! I'm too proud to ask him!
So, are the All Blacks playing in England next month? If so where? Coz, being the desperate kiwis-2-B that me and the kids are, we have the kit to wear, just look abit strange wearing it round the house/school PE (the kids, not me) and still none the wiser. How can one game, with the same name, have different rules/number of players? Tis soooo complicated.

But at least they can take a knock (out if your an Ozzie) and still not dive/cry/be stretchered off? Appears more manly than our footie - if not alot more complicated.

So if youve emigrated to NZ and A/B's play England who do you cheer for?? Can I cheer for both teams??
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB
So if youve emigrated to NZ and A/B's play England who do you cheer for?? Can I cheer for both teams??
Dear God nooooo, you now are fully PAID up member of the Kiwi brigade!!!

Lady you made your bed now lie in it!

Footie, on the other hand ... Engerland, Engerland, Engerland ... ad in finitum!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly is and tell him i may well have a spare ticket to all the AB's games except the final!
Rugby is surprisingly easy.

There are 2 sets of rules and if you ask some one is posh, the other rich, if however you ask the people who play grass roots rugby there is bugger all difference in social standing!

The All Blacks are the kiwi team in Union, while the Kiwis are the League team. Both are rugby but league basically formed so that the working classes could still play but wouldn't get hurt, it is a lot faster but theoretically less physical!
I have a best friend in Danevirke and she takes both her boys to the Hawkes Bay matches and they adore it!

Find out your OH's team and that will form a basis for support, supposedly!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God nooooo, you now are fully PAID up member of the Kiwi brigade!!!

Lady you made your bed now lie in it!

Footie, on the other hand ... Engerland, Engerland, Engerland ... ad in finitum!!
No No No- will always cheer AB's down here, but whenever they take the park against England, no matter where in the world its England everytime.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB

Cheer for who you want to! You will be hated for being a turncoat!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I couldnt even tell you the first thing about rugby!! Oh, apart from a load of rather hunky looking men with large muscley legs running around bumping into each other!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.