Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Legalistical question

Legalistical question

Old Oct 12th 2017, 6:33 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Legalistical question

If someone in a company sign written ute freely, fairly and voluntarily shouts a two word remark out of a car window in a public place at a passing motorcyclist with a camera stuck on the top of his helmet is there any law that might stop him from posting to YouTube as publicly available and sending the company a link to the video?

Normally I'd let it go and move on but it's a quiet night .
Old Oct 12th 2017, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legalistical question

Originally Posted by Charismatic
If someone in a company sign written ute freely, fairly and voluntarily shouts a two word remark out of a car window in a public place at a passing motorcyclist with a camera stuck on the top of his helmet is there any law that might stop him from posting to YouTube as publicly available and sending the company a link to the video?

Get it posted and send me the link
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I have been a biker for almost 40 years.

They shouted for a reason
You have been riding a bike for 5 minutes and often with new riders their perception of a situation is not the reality.
Riding isn't about being spiteful and petty minded, do what the rest of us do, smile, wave and enjoy the ride.

All this stupid posting every minor incident on YouTube just because someone says something someone doesn't agree with
is as childish as "I'm going to tell the teacher on you". No one will watch it and no one will care. Put your big boy pants on and let it go

Last edited by Justcol; Oct 12th 2017 at 7:35 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Show me and I'll decide.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 1:29 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yeah show us - or just contact the company if you feel aggrieved by the behaviour.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 3:00 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol

You have been riding a bike for 5 minutes and often with new riders their perception of a situation is not the reality.
Riding isn't about being spiteful and petty minded, do what the rest of us do, smile, wave and enjoy the ride.

All this stupid posting every minor incident on YouTube just because someone says something someone doesn't agree with
is as childish as "I'm going to tell the teacher on you". No one will watch it and no one will care. Put your big boy pants on and let it go
I've been tooling around on dirt bikes a little longer than that and have a commensurate level of "experience" falling off. I've actually had a licence since...2004ish but back then you could only ride up to a 250cc so lost interest in road riding...and riding generally as a hobby.

That said I definitely take your point, perhaps discretion is best advised this one time.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

If the someone is foreign then it can be used as evidence of the many negative effects of immigration so go for it.

If the someone is local then you can expect to be on the receiving end of a lot of hate for daring to be critical of them.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clappy
If the someone is foreign then it can be used as evidence of the many negative effects of immigration so go for it.

If the someone is local then you can expect to be on the receiving end of a lot of hate for daring to be critical of them.
But again, the question has to asked, "why would you"
I just don't get all this posting online nonsense.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol

I concur with this. As well if I could elaborate on "They shouted for a reason" - are you entirely sure you didn't do something dangerous or illegal that caused them to shout? The camera might not catch that if it's on top of your helmet.

Sure, they absolutely could also just be bogans with the maturity of a pre-teen.

I am not a rider! But I do have 20 years of experience sharing the roads with bikers as a car driver and a pedestrian and normal, law-abiding people can do incredibly stupid things on a bike without realising it. I nearly broke an arm once getting mowed down crossing a city street by a bicyclist who, coming in the perpendicular direction, saw no cars and thought therefore it was OK for him to blaze through a red light. He forgot about pedestrians in the crosswalk who had the "walk" signal.

So if you do ignore advice and post it, be prepared that it might have the opposite effect and boomerang on you.