British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   leeds expo this weekend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/leeds-expo-weekend-527696/)

gemmaandjessie Apr 8th 2008 8:09 am

leeds expo this weekend

Any advice on whether to go to the leeds jobs expo this weekend i have read the threads on the london expo and i am having my doubts.We are looking for primary teaching jobs. We have most other info and have been to jaw droppingly boring seminars in the past regarding the basics of immigration.
Any advice would be great and may save me a journey to leeds.Really i dont want to go, but dont want to miss an opportunity.:eek:

Robbo25 Apr 8th 2008 8:26 am

Re: leeds expo this weekend

If it's the same as a teacher you may get some luck but get there early is my advise i.e when it opens!

fitzandindiana Apr 8th 2008 4:24 pm

We'll be there on Saturday, flying from the Isle of Man so all booked now. Just hope it's not a wasted journey as it's cost a fortune for us to get over.
We'll be hopeing for advise on hospital jobs(husband is an anaesthetic technician) and banking work (i work in reconciliations).
we are not moving to NZ for another two years so not started the process yet.
Are you better getting there when it opens or waiting until after lunch?

wimpy Apr 8th 2008 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana (Post 6178630)
We'll be there on Saturday, flying from the Isle of Man so all booked now. Just hope it's not a wasted journey as it's cost a fortune for us to get over.
We'll be hopeing for advise on hospital jobs(husband is an anaesthetic technician) and banking work (i work in reconciliations).

Get there early as Leeds United (the mighty white gods) are playing at home so traffic will be bad if you leave it too late:thumbsup:

weejie Apr 8th 2008 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana (Post 6178630)

Much the same situation as you.Travelling from Glasgow Friday staying in hotel,going to expo Sat,driving up to Penrith to another hotel then home on Sun so costing us a few pounds too. My OH works in health & safety ,I'm a nurse so hopefully we will find some info for him as I ( hopefully ) have a job in the pipeline. Have read on their website it is best to go in pm but people on here have said go as early as possible.....know who I'm listening to!:D

MooMoo290373 Apr 9th 2008 7:14 am

Hi

I went to the London expo, and found it very small ( was expecting it to be much bigger ) and that most of the information at the seminars was the basics which i already knew from my own research and from this site.:D

For us as a family it really was not very helpful apart from the banks which we got all the info we needed .... A Lot of companies that was listed as being there were not :frown: but saying that if you don`t know much about moving to NZ it would be great as all the info is there in the seminars.