leaving party

Old Aug 29th 2006, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of
Default leaving party

had a great party on firday night, double celebration, gcse results and moving. A good time was had by all. think my daughters friends aged between 16 - 18 were better behaved than us oldies!! struggeling at work tonight as still feeling tired and liver hopfully returning to normal.

nearly organized for the packers although they dont come until 13 sept, dog going on 18th sept and us on 20th. i'm ready now.

anyone else had any good leaving parties recently.

wonder what danny f's party will be like!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of
Default Re: leaving party

Originally Posted by brackley
had a great party on firday night, double celebration, gcse results and moving. A good time was had by all. think my daughters friends aged between 16 - 18 were better behaved than us oldies!! struggeling at work tonight as still feeling tired and liver hopfully returning to normal.

nearly organized for the packers although they dont come until 13 sept, dog going on 18th sept and us on 20th. i'm ready now.

We're not going until Febuary, but party is already in the planning stages. We decided just to do the one, for family and friends. I've still got time to do overtime to pay for it. Glad to hear you had a good time. Have fun with the packers. Not long to go now. As for Danny.F's party i think we will hear it this far south. Party on dudes!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

We've decided to do the Party in 1 go-200 in a hired pub-but we might have a meal with colleagues cos not everyone will make it.
Can't wait-good thing is-the pub is flexible just in case we get out any quicker.
Defo not drinking much til then. Dons bro got married over weekend-eyes are yellow and I've got cider-poo bum. Killer.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:17 pm
M..
Just Joined

M.. is an unknown quantity at this point

We did post-wedding, pre-leaving party in a pub. And we had a really fab time. I honestly couldn't believe how many people turned up.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:34 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Our leaving party was fantastic, I'm sooo glad we had one even though I'd had that much to drink by the end of the night I don't remember the end. We had a buffet and lots of music and dancing and took heaps of photos. I searched everywhere for NZ flag bunting but could I find any! The $2 shops here sell it all the flipping time too!
Someone once in a post said they'd put disposable cameras on everybodys tables which I wish we'd done cos I bet they got some great photos to look back on.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:37 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sky
Our leaving party was fantastic, I'm sooo glad we had one even though I'd had that much to drink by the end of the night I don't remember the end. We had a buffet and lots of music and dancing and took heaps of photos. I searched everywhere for NZ flag bunting but could I find any! The $2 shops here sell it all the flipping time too!
Someone once in a post said they'd put disposable cameras on everybodys tables which I wish we'd done cos I bet they got some great photos to look back on.
We're having ours in a phone box so all our friends can turn up!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky

Gonna do that with the camera thing,tis a great idea.
We've booked our party for 11/11,and our EOI hasn't even gone in yet cos the Uni keeps farting up with our paperwork. Being nurses we were hoping Novem might still be ok,but starting to fret now. Do you think we should put it back a bit? Also finishing jobs end of Oct,does anyone think that might need reviewing as well?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:59 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danny.f
Gonna do that with the camera thing,tis a great idea.
We've booked our party for 11/11,and our EOI hasn't even gone in yet cos the Uni keeps farting up with our paperwork. Being nurses we were hoping Novem might still be ok,but starting to fret now. Do you think we should put it back a bit? Also finishing jobs end of Oct,does anyone think that might need reviewing as well?
Well I have heard of NZIS sorting everything in under 3 weeks, however, I would be a bit stressed by now if I were you. I think I would get my EOI in ASAP, then once you've been selected from the pool you should be allocated a case worker, once you get that name pester the hell out of then, they may be able to give you a hint of how long things will take. I seem to remember tho that they don't like to give much away - we'll ours didn't, I had interviews lined up for whilst I was in NZ in June, sadly couldn't be offered the positions cos I didn't know time scales. When we returned there was an 'Approval in Principle' letter waiting for us. So as I say pester them for info more than what I did, and then decided whether to put things back. Oh and good luck

On the jobs front I have already left mine and we're not going till Feb next year, maybe i was a little premature (did have other reasons for leaving that company as well)

Last edited by Jac&Adie; Aug 29th 2006 at 10:02 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
Well I have heard of NZIS sorting everything in under 3 weeks, however, I would be a bit stressed by now if I were you. I think I would get my EOI in ASAP, then once you've been selected from the pool you should be allocated a case worker, once you get that name pester the hell out of then, they may be able to give you a hint of how long things will take. I seem to remember tho that they don't like to give much away - we'll ours didn't, I had interviews lined up for whilst I was in NZ in June, sadly couldn't be offered the positions cos I didn't know time scales. When we returned there was an 'Approval in Principle' letter waiting for us. So as I say pester them for info more than what I did, and then decided whether to put things back. Oh and good luck
Thanks Adie,
we have jobs lined up but the problem is we can't submit EOI until nursing registration completed in NZ, and Uni in UK need to send them info (we get 50 points for registration which takes us up to 140+ so automatic selection). Hopefully we'll hear soon, we keep asking for time scales from Nursing Council in NZ but like you're case worker they don't tell you much! EOI ready to go once registration through so we'll work on the Uni here - unfortunately it's that Brit thing of everything stops when one person is off!
Thanks for the good luck wishes!
Donna
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

keep hasseling the nz reg board, how long ago did yu app;y, it took me 3 months and that was a long time as the paper work was changing. cant you go to your uni and demand the paperwork. i finish my job in the next couple of days but am doing my regular shifts on bank right up until i go. can you do something like that. even though you havnt sent in your eoi form start making sure all paper work in order i.e. full birth certs they want not just the small ones. once eoi form has been processed book your medical prior to receiving all the paperwork and of course dont forget to book your chest xrays prior to the medical, these 2 things can hold you up as now a days there is a big demend.

geet tesco value cameras, good value and take ok photos for the night. hangover now gone from the party thank goodness.

just going to book our flights in the next hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

danny and donna, just had a thought, it may help. the nz nurses board needed a transcripit of my training, however, the school of nursing didnt keep these for 27 years, i was in a panic, however i phoned up the ukcc and they sent to nz nurses board what i would have covered in my training. maybe give them a bell and see if they could do the same for you, explain about the uni etc, they may have a sympathetic ear!!! good luck. dont forget they want nurses in nz they wont work against you. dont get disheartened, we've had a bad year with the house etc, and now we are just chilling about it, no contracts signed as yet we've got to go regardless. it will happen for you. if you cant get out in nov, do all the extra shifts you can and then think of the extra money you will have over there, at least there is a +ve to it less morguage over in welly.
take care
wendy
wendy
Old Aug 30th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny and donna, just had a thought, it may help. the nz nurses board needed a transcripit of my training, however, the school of nursing didnt keep these for 27 years, i was in a panic, however i phoned up the ukcc and they sent to nz nurses board what i would have covered in my training. maybe give them a bell and see if they could do the same for you, explain about the uni etc, they may have a sympathetic ear!!! good luck. dont forget they want nurses in nz they wont work against you. dont get disheartened, we've had a bad year with the house etc, and now we are just chilling about it, no contracts signed as yet we've got to go regardless. it will happen for you. if you cant get out in nov, do all the extra shifts you can and then think of the extra money you will have over there, at least there is a +ve to it less morguage over in welly.
take care
wendy
wendy

Wendy,
thanks for the advice, I'll e mail the NMC now and see what they can do. Good luck with booking your flights,
Donna
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

hope nmc can help you they are quite good even if it does cost you al little more maybe worth it.
flights now booked, leaving 1200hrs on 20th sept, 3 nights langkawi to chill out or maybe sweat out!! arrive akl 25th, if the house isnt sorted by then my sister will live in it until everything is done and dusted.
wendy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:52 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

We had a quiet dinner with our best friends in a nice country hotel

£100 bottle of Italian red
£250 dinner for 4

Could of blown it on a party but preferred to spend quality time with those we are still in contact with.
PS The wine was unreal
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

it must have been. we have the obligatory dinner with daves family on sunday in sandford on thames, it will be a slightly more sober affair than last friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.