Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Leaving the country on a WTR visa??

Leaving the country on a WTR visa??

Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Leaving the country on a WTR visa??

Hey everyone, happy Friday! :-)

I'm applying for a work to residence (accredited employer) visa/permit at the moment and my folks have surprised me by saying they have booked to go to Australia in February and will come here to see me during the hol but asked me to go and stay with them if I wanted to... now I looked on the immigration site but couldn't see... would I be able to leave the country to go on vacation on this type of visa/work permit??

Thank you all!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:25 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Leaving the country on a WTR visa??

Originally Posted by smiler000
Hey everyone, happy Friday! :-)

I'm applying for a work to residence (accredited employer) visa/permit at the moment and my folks have surprised me by saying they have booked to go to Australia in February and will come here to see me during the hol but asked me to go and stay with them if I wanted to... now I looked on the immigration site but couldn't see... would I be able to leave the country to go on vacation on this type of visa/work permit??

Thank you all!
Yes, as long as you have a multiple entry visa you will be issued with a permit upon arrival in New Zealand for the stated purposes on your visa. When you apply for your WTR be sure to advise NZIS that you will need a multiple entry visa.

Have a happy holiday.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks! I'm actually in NZ already ....
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:30 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Then you will need to pay for your visa. I think for British subjects it's NZ$200 or sumpin' li' dat.

As US citizens my daughter and I got ours free when we were here on student and work permits.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

$200? Thats cool, thanks!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

$200? Thats cool, thanks!

It's $20 Au dollars and you do it on line.

Gill
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:38 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
It's $20 Au dollars and you do it on line.

Gill
Sorry G&R, but happy got it right. I think you're thinking of the visa to enter Oz.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Sorry G&R, but happy got it right. I think you're thinking of the visa to enter Oz.
And I think if you read the post, he was asking about going on vacation to OZ when on a WTR visa. The cost of a visa to visit OZ is $20 Au dollars and you can do it on line.

Gill
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Um, actually my question was whether I would be allowed to leave NZ to go on a holiday in Australia on the WTR visa?!....

I think I had my answer earlier on, so thanks for the replies everyone.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:45 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

And I think if you read the post, he was asking about going on vacation to OZ when on a WTR visa. The cost of a visa to visit OZ is $20 Au dollars and you can do it on line.

Gill
And I did read the post.

And precisely. Happy knew it! He taught me the difference between a permit and a visa.

The $20 visa thing is the one you need when you're coming over on a one-way ticket, as I undrstand it, and need a ticket to prove you have somewhere to go after coming in to NZ. Right?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
And I did read the post.

And precisely. Happy knew it! He taught me the difference between a permit and a visa.

The $20 visa thing is the one you need when you're coming over on a one-way ticket, as I undrstand it, and need a ticket to prove you have somewhere to go after coming in to NZ. Right?
Wrong.
If you are British, and are living in NZ on whatever visa, or even a visitor and want to go to Australia, you need a visa to visit the country. These are NOTHING to do with one way tickets. A visa is required to visit Australia, you can do it electronicaly for about $20 AU. The poster asked if he could leave NZ on vacation on a WTR visa. The answer is YES, but he would need to pay the $20 for the visa to visit Australia. I was pointing out that the cost is NOT $200 as happynz said.

I just arranged this visa a couple of weeks ago, to visit Sydney.

Gill
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:12 pm

Wrong.
If you are British, and are living in NZ on whatever visa, or even a visitor and want to go to Australia, you need a visa to visit the country. These are NOTHING to do with one way tickets. A visa is required to visit Australia, you can do it electronicaly for about $20 AU. The poster asked if he could leave NZ on vacation on a WTR visa. The answer is YES, but he would need to pay the $20 for the visa to visit Australia. I was pointing out that the cost is NOT $200 as happynz said.

I just arranged this visa a couple of weeks ago, to visit Sydney.

Gill
Gill, the original poster smiler000 stated,
I looked on the immigration site but couldn't see... would I be able to leave the country to go on vacation on this type of visa/work permit?
The poster went on to write
I think it is clear that the original poster was making an enquiry about a returning visa for a WTR, not an entry visa for Australia.
Yes, you are correct about getting a visa for Australia. I am not incorrect about UK passport holders paying NZ$200 for the returning visa to enter New Zealand on the basis of holding a work permit. I never stated that a visa to Aussie is NZ$200.
Now, I think everyone is sweet...I hope.