Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

least the PM gets something right

least the PM gets something right

Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: least the PM gets something right

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
if not he would of been just another statistic on the dole.
Adulterer, possibly, never actually proven though.

The above is very harsh however, some people do very well from a background such as Beckham; Alan Sugar and Theo Paphitis spring to mind immediately.

Just because he's from East London and don't talk good, must mean he would have been slight on society is just a plain wrong view in my opinion.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:49 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea where he came from and its not relevant. People should be making people like Richard Branson, Prof Brian Cox and the people you say role models rather than someone who has good management to make themselves money
Old Nov 5th 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Sugar and Paphitis didn't get to where they got to by being nice guys.

If the world was full of Sugars and Paphitis's the world would be a dark place indeed.

I have respect for them, but they'll make tough decisions where most others pass the buck and run.

Same goes for Branson, you simply can't achieve what they've achieved without a brutal ruthlessness.

People can't really relate to moguls and businessmen, they can relate to a footballer, or any other sportsman for that matter. They are relevant and always current.

Take away anything about personality and intellect, any top sportsman makes sacrifices us public joe can't begin to fathom. Their diet and nutrition and keeping fit enough to pay is hard work and pure discipline, let alone the honing of the skill.

Given the hours of work, time and effort Beckham and his peers put into their jobs, I think they're more than worthy of being deemed as role models.

I can understand why people think they're overpaid, but that's not their fault, the market is wiling to make the very best multimillionaires, they're not going to say no are they? No one would.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:23 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

good points but we will have to agree to disagree.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:47 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
He is a good role model for the youngsters of today. He comes across as a very good husband & father.

June
Funnily enough , me and Mr BEVS were saying the same thing just last evening. D Beckham may not have been the most gifted footballer or the brightest spark perhaps - who is - but his unassuming manner and the way he holds himself in the public light is all good in our opinion.

Key on the other hand has not stepped up following this report & if it was his son that was so utterly ungrateful and rude , then what does that say about Key as a role model for his son. Not much.

Not sure where the son of a barrister or cut-throat business men comes into it TBH.
Ruthlessness isn't something I would necessarily want to hold up as an example of good role model. Entrepreneurs mostly need the ability to walk on people to get where they are.

Still, that is off topic. For me, Key got it wrong bigtime.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

John Key is a typical backwards Kiwi.

He's been slagging a footballer off and calling someone gay for daring to wearing something red instead of being one of the millions of black clad drones.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

seriously

he is an adulterer and an odious little man who cannot string together a coherent sentence. makes my blood boil that people hold him up as a good role model. He was fortunate that he was able to kick a ball and was taken on by people that know how to manipulate the media if not he would of been just another statistic on the dole.

Well at least some people agree with me and we all allowed our opinions.

June
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:58 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea where he came from and its not relevant. People should be making people like Richard Branson, Prof Brian Cox and the people you say role models rather than someone who has good management to make themselves money
Brian cox is rather buff
Attached Thumbnails least the PM gets something right-image.jpg  
Old Nov 6th 2012, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
John Key is a typical backwards Kiwi.

He's been slagging a footballer off and calling someone gay for daring to wearing something red instead of being one of the millions of black clad drones.
STRONGLY AGREE!!

Lots of backwards kiwis in wanganui
Old Nov 6th 2012, 1:04 am

seriously

he is an adulterer and an odious little man who cannot string together a coherent sentence. makes my blood boil that people hold him up as a good role model. He was fortunate that he was able to kick a ball and was taken on by people that know how to manipulate the media if not he would of been just another statistic on the dole.
Not proven he was a adulterer!!!!!

Maybe not he could have been a model.... I wouldn't kick him out of bed..... Oops sorry I'm married
Attached Thumbnails least the PM gets something right-image.jpg  
Old Nov 6th 2012, 4:51 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: least the PM gets something right

My grandfather used to say "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
My grandfather used to say "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
I really hope your grandfather was the great author, Mark Twain?
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:58 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

seriously

I honestly cannot get my head around your way of thinking on the matter. As a Pom please feel free to insult my country all you like but DO NOT insult David Beckham
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:01 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Not proven he was a adulterer!!!!!

Maybe not he could have been a model.... I wouldn't kick him out of bed..... Oops sorry I'm married
Yummy! That's brightened up my morning!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Jaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant futureJaydi has a brilliant future

When all is said and done David Beckham was a very gifted footballer, probably the best of his generation and his match winning goals from free kicks are legendary. He will still be remembered when John Key is long forgotten.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.