British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   least the PM gets something right (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/least-pm-gets-something-right-776501/)

MrsFychan Nov 3rd 2012 3:17 am

least the PM gets something right

http://news.sky.com/story/1006375/be...new-zealand-pm

love30stm Nov 3rd 2012 5:35 pm

Re: least the PM gets something right

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10363641)

:rofl:

Genesis Nov 4th 2012 2:12 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10363641)

Well I think Key is the greater 'thicko' for abusing someone publicly after they have spent 45 mins with HIS children. A PM should not be making these kind of comments. He is stupid doing so IMO. He is a politician NOT a gossip reporter. I really hope this affects his popularity in an adverse way.

Beckam may well not be a 'PHD merchant' (neither am I or most of us come to think of it!) but he always comes over as a VERY normal chap totally unaffected by his skill, fame and money. I like him a lot.

bourbon-biscuit Nov 4th 2012 8:02 am

Reminds me of one of my favourite jokes (tho I can't remember the name of the coach):

Coach: Morning Beckham, what you got there?
Beckham: Mornin' Coach. It's a thermos, Coach. Victoria got it for me.
Coach: Oh very nice Beckham.
Beckham: Yeah. It is. It keeps hot fings hot and cold fings cold.
Coach: Very nice. What you got in it then?
Beckham: 2 cups of tea and a choc ice.

:rofl:

Having said that I think it's fine to have jokes like that but not really fine for someone in a position like Key to be making snarky comments about someone's intellect. But hey, what can one expect from such a dick?

love30stm Nov 4th 2012 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 10364802)
Well I think Key is the greater 'thicko' for abusing someone publicly after they have spent 45 mins with HIS children. A PM should not be making these kind of comments. He is stupid doing so IMO. He is a politician NOT a gossip reporter. I really hope this affects his popularity in an adverse way.

Beckam may well not be a 'PHD merchant' (neither am I or most of us come to think of it!) but he always comes over as a VERY normal chap totally unaffected by his skill, fame and money. I like him a lot.

Agree! :thumbup: and he IS very hot

RobDon Nov 4th 2012 7:07 pm

+1 :o

Inappropriate and offensive. :o

BEVS Nov 4th 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 10365855)
+1

Inappropriate and offensive.

+2. :frown:

Shameful , disgusting , unprofessional .

Says far more about J Key 's calibre than about Beckham if this report is true.

If it is true , then Key should front up and apologise .

This man is supposed to be my PM. Our glorious leader ! Makes me cringe.:thumbdown:

Bo-Jangles Nov 5th 2012 6:51 am

"John Key is quickly becoming to New Zealand what Borat was to Kazakhstan."
I don't suppose David Beckam would make any worse effort at running a country, whereas I would doubt very much the affected banker one could kick a football, far less manage to look so good and be an icon and role model to millions of kids around the world.

Genesis Nov 5th 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 10366460)
I don't suppose David Beckam would make any worse effort at running a country, whereas I would doubt very much the affected banker one could kick a football, far less manage to look so good and be an icon and role model to millions of kids around the world.

Apparently he said in private, even so still a stupid thing to say when you are a world leader about an A lister, especially when said A lister has given your kids 45 mins of his time. I think Beckham is REALLY cool. I am not much of a star person but he is someone I would really like to meet and I don't like footy one bit!!

Go Beckham! Mr Key? Sod off to your condo in Hawaii!! I am or was fairly cool about Key..whilst he is not from my political side of the fence he did not irk me butslagging off Beckham (even privately) has really put the downer on him for me. I DO think PMs should have some decorum.

PS he has apparently called someone's shirt 'gay' today.

chocolate cake Nov 5th 2012 8:07 am

Says more about the PM than anything. Maybe he couldn't recall whether Beckham had spent some time with his kids or not.

Arthur Daley Nov 5th 2012 8:54 am

Well said..........sorry to say that John Key is coming across as a major dick head lately.
Beckham is one of the few celebs that came to NZ due to public demand when clearly he didnt have to but I doubt he will be back again.

TommyLuck Nov 5th 2012 10:47 am

Many people are many things in this world, Becks has created a wonderful life for himself and good luck to him.

His intellect is neither here nor there for me, he has achieved more in Football that Key has as politician. A European Cup winner, league titles in more than one country, he's played for 3 of the biggest clubs in the world in Manchester Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan. His trophy cabinet is teeming with medals and awards. The man is decorated.

It's also testament to Beckham that he played for his country over 100 times and continues to have a career in to his late 30's.

I doubt this will bother Beckham, he's heard it all before. Comedians, newspapers, the general public, etc have taken the pee out of him for this since the 1990's!!!! And, I bet he's intelligent enough to realise that John Key doesn't represent the whole of NZ on the moronic stakes.

Pom_Chch Nov 5th 2012 2:19 pm

Why on earth would you want to home in on his intelligence when you can sit and looks at this:

http://famous-wallpapers.com/wp-cont...3/BECKHAM4.jpg

He may not be the sharpest of blokes, but I could never say a bad word about him. He has the right attitude and is a real ambassador for the UK. Despite his money and talent he doesn't come across as arrogant or behave like he's better than everyone else. As long as someone has a good heart then there's no need to insult their intelligence. I'm really not one for bowing down to celebrities, quite honestly I couldn't care less but I am a fan of Beckham.

I quite agree with genesis on this one. It shows more about Key's character than it does Beckhams. Perhaps he was jealous because people actually like Beckham!

Margaret Parkinson Nov 5th 2012 5:32 pm

He is a good role model for the youngsters of today. He comes across as a very good husband & father.

June

MrsFychan Nov 5th 2012 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 10367379)
He is a good role model for the youngsters of today. He comes across as a very good husband & father.

June

seriously :ohmy:

he is an adulterer and an odious little man who cannot string together a coherent sentence. makes my blood boil that people hold him up as a good role model. He was fortunate that he was able to kick a ball and was taken on by people that know how to manipulate the media if not he would of been just another statistic on the dole.