Reload this Page >

Lead time for residency visa

Lead time for residency visa

Old Jul 26th 2019, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Thorners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lead time for residency visa

Hi
If our house sale in London goes through I will soon be applying for a residency visa (husband is kiwi). The website says up to 11 months to get the visa. Anyone have recent experience of actual lead times? I know it will vary depending on each case but wondered if they are being over cautious with that estimate.
Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2019, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lead time for residency visa

Not sure about real life timescales. Reading between the lines it appears INZ are busier than what the Immigration website states ?
You have the advantage in that the family stream residency route is of the highest priority and if you can provide evidence of partnership with hubby for at least 5 years it will be turned in to Permanent Residency.
Old Aug 6th 2019, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

hallie_day is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've just replied to your PM, but I submitted my application in early April. After about 3 weeks I was asked to supply a couple more documents which took two weeks as I had to order a replacement marriage certificate. Then a few weeks ago I lost my passport at a point I think they were ready to approve my application, and it took four weeks for a replacement and about 6 hours after I emailed my immigration officer with the VAC reference I had approval on 23 July.
I reckon it would have been a month less if I hadn't lost everything!
Other than that, the biggest hold up was my husband's NZ police check which took double the time they state.

One thing I have to say is that the communication by my immigration officer was brilliant - I would email in the evening and hear back by the time I woke up.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Thorners is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that's super quick! Thanks for the info