Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Last Night... as in "It's my last night in the UK"

Last Night... as in "It's my last night in the UK"

Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:21 pm
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of
Default Last Night... as in "It's my last night in the UK"

tonight. right now. no more nights left.

tomorrow, when we wake up, we'll be saying "we're going to new zealand today"

at 21:05 tomorrow evening, we'll be taking off from LHR with Air NZ. Destination Wellington. There's us two grown ups and our herd of 4.

Thanks to all of you that have offered and provided advice which has helped us on this road.

New adventure, here we come...
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Night... as in "It's my last night in the UK"

Oh best of luck to the 6 of you ... hope the move goes well (and the goodbyes)!

good luck karma sent

shears
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:26 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules & Danny View Post

at 21:05 tomorrow evening, we'll be taking off from LHR with Air NZ. Destination Wellington. There's us two grown ups and our herd of 4.

Thanks to all of you that have offered and provided advice which has helped us on this road.

Good luck - you will love it here
Karen B
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

Good Luck and have a safe journey
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:31 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, we'll be right behind you. Hoping tomorrow goes well feeding our packers as you did!!!

Best of luck to you all.

P.s: How do you all feel tonight?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:49 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great flight! Well as good as it can be with four kids
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:50 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats! Break open the bolly and have a great flight. Many best wishes for your new lives in New Zealand.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:11 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Wishing you all the very best as you start you new life

Have a safe and happy trip

please keep us posted on how things are going for you

take care and good luck
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:17 pm
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
P.s: How do you all feel tonight?
Actually it's quite hard to describe. We've been so busy that I am not sure it has actually hit home yet.

Even tonight we've packed and re-packed. Because we're going via HK, we have 30kg per person which is only half the amount via LA. We decided that we'd take the HK route and the lower luggae amount that comes with it, just so we didn't have to sit in an LA transfer lounge for numerous hours with all the kids... hell for us, them and everyone around us.

However we're sooo close to the maximum allowance (measured on our not so reliable bathroom scales) that we keep moving items between hand luggage and hold luggage. I have visions of having to completely re-pack at the air port, or of getting stiffed by the £33.00 per kilo excess baggage charge!

Anyway, not sleeping yet... to many cases to open up, stare at, then close again...
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:20 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

£33.00 per kilo excess baggage charge!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

baggage charge!

Anyway, not sleeping yet... to many cases to open up, stare at, then close again...
There'll be plenty of time for sleeping on you long flight. Best wishes and hope you have a good one.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:22 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Jules & Danny & Kids

Have a safe flight.

Any hints & tips for what works with the little uns please post a.s.a.p as hoping that we won't be far behind you
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:02 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Safe journey