British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Last night, I dreamt I was in.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/last-night-i-dreamt-i-426175/)

Twig Feb 13th 2007 7:33 am

Last night, I dreamt I was in....

New Zealand. Well almost. I was up ALL last night in a sort of semi-dreamlike state thinking constantly about all the things that could go wrong if we moved to NZ. Not major things, but little things, like how soon the kids should start school when we go over and what if our rental home is horrible, we'll be in it for a year and so on and so on. All sodding night :(

Oh my god. If I'm like this now, I'll be a bloody insomniac when the time really comes!! :blink:

Do you all have really nice dreams? (I probably don't want the answer to that one).

karonious Feb 13th 2007 7:47 am

Re: Last night, I dreamt I was in....

Do you all have really nice dreams? (I probably don't want the answer to that one)

can't share the dreams - I may end up being locked up where I work instead of giving out the medication!
When I was married to my ex-husband, I used to dream I was a widow. it would have been so much easier than divorce!
I believe if you are worried about something, your subconscious tries to sort it out for you. So, for a trouble-free night, do as much research as you can (this should help to set your mind at rest), ask yourself if these are real worries or just free-floating anxiety (not connected to any one thing) and try to get things in perspective. Think about the bills and the weather and school where your kids are now, do you need to go shopping, how is the family etc and worry about the present: that should take your mind off things that are so far in the future they may never happen!

Karen B

UKNZAUS Feb 13th 2007 7:47 am

I do this most days!

We're going on Visitors Visas and taking our chances! We have 3 kids and only the collateral from house sale - I have recently been having the same dread/fears! I am 100% committed to going, just worried it might not turn out how I want it to! I'll give it my best shot though, I'm not giving up on a dream!

We can all be insomniac together :lol: glad to know I'll have someone up at stupid o clock with me now !! hehe

Michelle xx

sky Feb 13th 2007 8:31 am

I dreamt 5 months ago that me, the husband and our three kids were all in a car and I had my foot on the accelerator, we came to a cliff edge and I tried to brake but my foot slipped and the car shot over the edge and teetered there for a minute or two, caught on a branch or something.
I was thinking OMG this is it and then the car surged forward and over the edge and I remember the feeling of utter despair.
My dream kind of came true, until then I never believed they had a meaning :blink:

I dreamt a couple of nights ago that I bought a two roomed house ... :confused: no idea what that means!

Andrew Cross Feb 13th 2007 8:36 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4396695)
I dreamt 5 months ago that me, the husband and our three kids were all in a car and I had my foot on the accelerator, we came to a cliff edge and I tried to brake but my foot slipped and the car shot over the edge and teetered there for a minute or two, caught on a branch or something.
I was thinking OMG this is it and then the car surged forward and over the edge and I remember the feeling of utter despair.
My dream kind of came true, until then I never believed they had a meaning :blink:

I dreamt a couple of nights ago that I bought a two roomed house ... :confused: no idea what that means!

Its probably a new garage that you are going to build on your super duper plot. You will need a new car to go in it though as the other one is at the bottom of the cliff....:p

Nice Guy Feb 13th 2007 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Twig (Post 4396552)

Mrs Nice Guy :D :D :D

Nice Guy Feb 13th 2007 8:47 am

Sorry could not resist it...................

karonious Feb 13th 2007 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 4396752)
Sorry could not resist it...................

I saw your name and ABSOLUTELY knew it would be a smutty remark! You are a bad boy and should know better: now go and stand in the corner.......

sky Feb 13th 2007 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross (Post 4396711)
Its probably a new garage that you are going to build on your super duper plot. You will need a new car to go in it though as the other one is at the bottom of the cliff....:p

Sod the new car, a couple of nip and tucks would be money better spent now I think :p

poppets Feb 13th 2007 9:00 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4396758)
I saw your name and ABSOLUTELY knew it would be a smutty remark!

oh yes you just that Mr Nice Guy = smut in its best form, personally i get disapointed if one of his posts doesn't at least hint at a shag, fortuantly it rarely happens:)

sky Feb 13th 2007 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 4396750)
Mrs Nice Guy :D :D :D

Bless :D

mazi Feb 13th 2007 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4396695)

:( (hug smiley)

mazi Feb 13th 2007 9:42 am

I've been dreaming about death for about two months now

karonious Feb 13th 2007 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4396919)
I've been dreaming about death for about two months now

If you read the tarot cards (as I do :) ), you will realise that 'death' can also mean a new beginning or a rebirth of ideas, ways, thoughts.....indeed a renaissance
NOOOOO, does that mean you want to come back!!!!:D

mazi Feb 13th 2007 9:50 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4396932)
If you read the tarot cards (as I do :) ), you will realise that 'death' can also mean a new beginning or a rebirth of ideas, ways, thoughts.....indeed a renaissance
NOOOOO, does that mean you want to come back!!!!:D

I know! (A baby?!) But on a more obvious note, my grandmother was very ill in hospital.