Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

At last here in Rolleston

At last here in Rolleston

Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Twirlywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At last here in Rolleston

Hi arrived 7 wks ago from UK and my family and I are living in Rolleston. So far so good, we have 2 kids a daughter who goes to Lincoln and a son who is at Rolleston. All of us have settled in well alittle worried about our son he is quite homesick at the mo and taking time settling into school has anyone else had simular sort of problems he is 8. Also I`m a hairdresser from uk and was hoping to do moblie in Rolly for haircuts so some feed back would be good Any feed back about Rolly would also be great.
Cheers
Dawn
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice
Default Re: At last here in Rolleston

Originally Posted by Twirlywood
Hi arrived 7 wks ago from UK and my family and I are living in Rolleston. So far so good, we have 2 kids a daughter who goes to Lincoln and a son who is at Rolleston. All of us have settled in well alittle worried about our son he is quite homesick at the mo and taking time settling into school has anyone else had simular sort of problems he is 8. Also I`m a hairdresser from uk and was hoping to do moblie in Rolly for haircuts so some feed back would be good Any feed back about Rolly would also be great.
Cheers
Dawn
Hi Dawn,

We also live in rolleston (have done for almost two years) and have a 9 year old son. PM with any question you have and i would be happy to answer them for you.

Mandy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twirlywood
Cheers
Dawn
How mobile are you? Bloody nightmare getting a decent haircut in Rangiora unless its a number one all over or a mullet!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Yikes, our house is under construction in Rangiora, we will need to find a place for haircuts. Of course since I work near the Uni, there are options there. Why are haircuts so expensive here anyway?

Where in Rangiora? We are building in the Oaks. We have a 6 and 8 year old girl and an 11 year old boy. We are going to send the 17 year old boy back to Canada or just anywhere really.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Yikes, our house is under construction in Rangiora, we will need to find a place for haircuts. Of course since I work near the Uni, there are options there. Why are haircuts so expensive here anyway?

Where in Rangiora? We are building in the Oaks. We have a 6 and 8 year old girl and an 11 year old boy. We are going to send the 17 year old boy back to Canada or just anywhere really.
I'm just round the corner from the Oaks, in the Arlington subdivision. Actually there's a good barbers on the high street (next to Ross Ditmers), I just got the wrong one of the three last time, they are normally very good, a proper old fashioned gents barbers. I think they are cheap, $12 for a cut. I paid $25 AUD in Perth and was butchered - had to fly back with a beany on!! Got it repaired on the high street no worries.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Woodlea, we looked at a few houses in Arlington development. We found a section in the Oaks in March and bought it. It is on a Close that allows the kids to be able to walk to Ashgrove very easily. We like Rangiora as it has all the things needed and more and is not far from the city. We also found the congregation at the church we attend in Rangiora very nice. The proximity to the beaches is also very good and we have been taking a stroll after church the last few weeks. If you look on the photo thread you will see a cool picture I took at the Woodend beach two weeks ago.

Do your kids, if you have any, go to Ashgrove school?

I suppose I should have used a private message.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Hi Woodlea, we looked at a few houses in Arlington development. We found a section in the Oaks in March and bought it. It is on a Close that allows the kids to be able to walk to Ashgrove very easily. We like Rangiora as it has all the things needed and more and is not far from the city. We also found the congregation at the church we attend in Rangiora very nice. The proximity to the beaches is also very good and we have been taking a stroll after church the last few weeks. If you look on the photo thread you will see a cool picture I took at the Woodend beach two weeks ago.

Do your kids, if you have any, go to Ashgrove school?

I suppose I should have used a private message.
Yes Pomiora is the best, like you say it has everything and is still only 30 mins from the town centre.

No, my lad (14) goes to high school and daughter (12) goes to Fernside as we used to live a bit further out. Ashgrove will be very handy and has a good reputation.

PM if you want more info.